GL1800Riders Forums banner

361 - 380 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
After most of afternoon yesterday...and off and on again today...I tried something different. I didn't change the file name. It just showed as swdl on the jump drive and it worked first time? Thanks AussieChris for the lead!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
If I cannot get this figured out by Wed, and your offer stands to help, I will be on a group ride and within 35 miles of Eagle ID. I can break off from the group and swing by either Friday evening or early Saturday morning, if you will be around. Let me know if that is a possibility.
Of course, I would be glad to help. Where will you be, perhaps I could meet you halfway.

PM me ....

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Yes, 9 files.

Reactions: BarnacleBill

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Let me get back with you, it may now be working. I took OnlyOblong's advice and changed the file name to "swdl" and it began to download. It says that it is downloading 9 files, does that sound correct?
That means he was right, and you computer is set to not show the file extension.

That screen info is what you're looking for.
I'll be about 30 - 35 minutes for the bike to upload.

Then it reboots and brings up a normal screen

About 60 seconds later the 'do you want to update' screen will come back. This time the 'to' and 'from' filenames should both the new number (HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00).

This time select NO, or you'll be waiting 30 minutes again....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Let me get back with you, it may now be working. I took OnlyOblong's advice and changed the file name to "swdl" and it began to download. It says that it is downloading 9 files, does that sound correct?
yes !!!!!! you're coming down the home stretch. Once it reboots, pull the thumb drive.
I got asked again are you sure you want to install this file at about 3 minutes after the reboot. Noooo

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, it does. Sounds like you're on your way 😉. Right away it will be 50% complete then 100% about 30 minutes later.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Waiting for it to ask is one way to verify that it has loaded the indended file -- at least for those that may have an older swdl.iso file still lurking around.

New one will display HG.ACM.20.04.08.10.28.00 on that screen (and also in the system info page on the bike)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Did it work for you this time?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Downunder Wing. You need the ROW (Rest Of World) version. You can download it from the Korean Honda site as described toward the end of this thread by our friend Guclu Bike software update ROW version
Hi Chris
I did everything by instructions but the bike system doesn't react at all.
I've tried with 5 different USB modes, but, nothing...
I can see that USB connection is shown on the screen, but no reaction at all...
Am I missing something or there is something different with my bike ???
I am in Sydney, where are you ?
You can call me on 0400 60 50 90, if you want to discuss this.
Will be easier than on the forum.
Regards
Nick

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
If using AA or ACP you can turn off the Bt on the phone.

AA and ACP look for the headset as soon as they are plugged in, and will give an error message if the headset isn't already connected to the bike.

If you don't plan to or don't want to use AA or ACP, then the phone can be BT'd to bike -- and the phone doesn't need to be plugged in.
If not using AA/ACP and not plugged in then you can still Bt music from the phone to the bike (if you want) or you can use a thumbdrive to either usb to feed audio.
I can use Google Play Music, on my phone. I can charge my phone. I can listen to the music using Bluetooth to my helmet. I can do all these things at the same time.

What I'd really like to do is use AA to control Google Play Music. Going back to what does work, theoretically, i
Thank you SKYFLIX and others on this forum. Thank you for the information and patience with me overlooking the obvious. I am now looking to see if I can donate to this Forum. - Chris

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
A question now for those users who still want to use the built-in navigation.... With the system now supporting both AA and CP, I'm curious as to why one would still want to use the [obviously inferior] built-in navigation? I'm sure there are some without a smart phone, but I'm hearing from more people than I would imagine would be the case if that were the only reason. Not trying to start a war, here. I'm legitimately curious.
I believe google maps will not work if you try to set up a route when you are out of cell coverage. The built in GPS will because it uses Sat to to navigate. Then what would you do?

Reactions: Dr. Anthony Stark

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can use Google Play Music, on my phone. I can charge my phone. I can listen to the music using Bluetooth to my helmet. I can do all these things at the same time.

What I'd really like to do is use AA to control Google Play Music. Going back to what does work, theoretically, i

Thank you SKYFLIX and others on this forum. Thank you for the information and patience with me overlooking the obvious. I am now looking to see if I can donate to this Forum. - Chris
You should be able to use Google Play Music on Android Auto. If it's not shown you need to set up Android Auto on your phone to show it on AA.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
I believe google maps will not work if you try to set up a route when you are out of cell coverage. The built in GPS will because it uses Sat to to navigate. Then what would you do?
When the maps are downloaded for offline use (I have three states worth downloaded on my phone), Google Maps will continue to navigate you just as well as the built-in GPS. You won't have traffic updates, of course, but you don't have that on the built-in GPS either, unless you're paying for SXM. Now, if you're planning on travelling cross country, AND you have a limited data plan, or spotty connection, then I absolutely agree the built-in or other "disconnected" GPS will serve you better, or at the very least would be easier to use. That's a fair enough argument.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
You should be able to use Google Play Music on Android Auto. If it's not shown you need to set up Android Auto on your phone to show it on AA.
You can listen to and control Google Play Music with AA..I was playing around with it for a bit...then I downloaded iHeart radio and was listening to it using AA...iHeart radio works with Wase too..first time I ever listened to music thru a phone app and I was impressed with it...it played good music and sounded as good as my iPod...and its free.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Download went smooth after Honda put the file back on the server after their initial uploaded image was corrupted. Friday I discovered my Sena SMH-10 wouldn't associate with the GW. Saturday a new Shoei Neotec II and Sena 20S Evo. This Forum set me straight and I'm a happy camper - or rider, I should say. It all works as well as I could hope for. All of it... Helmet is quiet, audio is great, and AA functions as expected. I can listen to SirriusXM using the AA app, make/receive phone calls, listen to my music on Google Play Music, and even listen to Google News. Now all I need is some time and around at least a thousand miles of sweeping, twisting, well paved road and like all the other times, problems mean lots less to me :cool:

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
You can download map areas into googlemaps in advance. Doing this prevents it having to continuously re-download the data.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was able to install the update with no drama.
I can't get AA to launch to save my life.
This is all plugging the phone into the cubby connector.

I have a bluetooth headset paired. I can listen to AM, FM radio through the headset. All works as expected.
If I connect my phone to bluetooth I can hear that (relayed through the bike) on my headset.
It's a Sena 20S.

I've tried it with my phone's bluetooth paired to the bike.
I've tried it with bluetooth off on my phone (and not paired to the bike).

I can't get anything related to AA to show up on the bike.
I've launched AA on the phone and gone through the "yes, I agree to everything" screens.

I've set the Developer options to default to File Transfer / Android Auto for USB connections.
I've tried 3 different usb cables. All of the cables work flawlessly elsewhere.
The cable that came with the phone is USB C to USB C, so not really an option for the bike.

Before the update I had my phone plugged in in the cubby for the past few days and consistently received a "no response device" message.
I had it set to "charge only". That setting has been addressed (as mentioned above), but I can't get Android Auto to even launch.

361 - 380 of 428 Posts