GL1800Riders Forums banner

381 - 400 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I was able to install the update with no drama.
I can't get AA to launch to save my life.
This is all plugging the phone into the cubby connector.

I have a bluetooth headset paired. I can listen to AM, FM radio through the headset. All works as expected.
If I connect my phone to bluetooth I can hear that (relayed through the bike) on my headset.
It's a Sena 20S.

I've tried it with my phone's bluetooth paired to the bike.
I've tried it with bluetooth off on my phone (and not paired to the bike).

I can't get anything related to AA to show up on the bike.
I've launched AA on the phone and gone through the "yes, I agree to everything" screens.

I've set the Developer options to default to File Transfer / Android Auto for USB connections.
I've tried 3 different usb cables. All of the cables work flawlessly elsewhere.
The cable that came with the phone is USB C to USB C, so not really an option for the bike.

Before the update I had my phone plugged in in the cubby for the past few days and consistently received a "no response device" message.
I had it set to "charge only". That setting has been addressed (as mentioned above), but I can't get Android Auto to even launch.
Are you connecting headset and bike before plugging in the phone?

On the phone, have you checked the 'setttings' inside the AA app to be sure aome apps are set to project to bike?

·
Registered
43 Posts

I have a bluetooth headset paired. I can listen to AM, FM radio through the headset. All works as expected.
If I connect my phone to bluetooth I can hear that (relayed through the bike) on my headset.
It's a Sena 20S.

I've launched AA on the phone and gone through the "yes, I agree to everything" screens.

I've set the Developer options to default to File Transfer / Android Auto for USB connections.
The cable that came with the phone is USB C to USB C, so not really an option for the bike.

Before the update I had my phone plugged in in the cubby for the past few days and consistently received a "no response device" message.
I had it set to "charge only". That setting has been addressed (as mentioned above), but I can't get Android Auto to even launch.
Check your cable. When I first tried I was using a "charge only" cable and it would not work. Must use a data cable for AA to work.

Reactions: Dan D.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same problem until I used my original cell phone cord, then one that came in the box with my phone, then it worked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Gentlemen,
How do I pair my Android phone to the bike such that i can see Waze on the display...
at the same time, pair my phone to an external Garmin to get directions...have them both work simultaneously of course. ...appreciate your help on this...has anyone done this successfully?
You have to select the apps that appear on your dash via the Android Auto settings on the phone app.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Are you connecting headset and bike before plugging in the phone?

On the phone, have you checked the 'setttings' inside the AA app to be sure aome apps are set to project to bike?
I've tried waiting for the headset to connect and then plugging in the phone.
I've tried plugging in the phone before booting up the bike (booting up the bike is kinda weird, I guess turning on is a better term).
I've tried having my headset on before the bike starts.
I've tried turning on my headset after the bike starts.
I've tried turning on the bike, turning on the headset, then plugging in the phone.
I've tried turning on the bike, plugging in the phone, then turning on the headset.

There are a number of apps that are "allowed" under the customized launcher portion of the AA settings.
There are no cars shows as accepted or rejected cars.
"Wireless Projection" is on (but I think this would only matter if it was via Bluetooth).
I'm happy to change more stuff.
Check your cable. When I first tried I was using a "charge only" cable and it would not work. Must use a data cable for AA to work.
I've tried 3 different cables. All 3 cables allow me to browse my phone via my PC. I'm not saying it isn't a cable problem, but all 3 cables work on other devices with my phone.

I had the same problem until I used my original cell phone cord, then one that came in the box with my phone, then it worked.
My "original" cell phone cord is a USB C to USB C cable.
The connection on the bike requires a USB A connection.
My original phone cable won't work to connect my phone to the bike without some other trickery.

Still listening for all options.
I've set up my phone to work with Android Auto on rental cars before. I feel like it shouldn't be this hard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Updated completed... but did anybody see the new "Audio Equalizer Adjustments." All I see is the same standard Bass/Treble and Bass Boost screen. The "Audio Equalizer Adjustment," is really all I wanted from this update.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think that the EQ adjustment is not what I expected. It is just a choice between 2 EQ settings, depending on how many speakers you have

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I I usually only listen thru my headset but while playing with the bike in the garage after the update I was surprised how much more I could hear the rear speakers after this update.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Upgrade complete, no issues, about 15-20 min total. I am on a 1 gig service so the download was quick. I did re-pair Cardo.
It was a little like Christmas one year as a kid. I was really counting on that new Crossman BB gun but got clothes instead.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts

It's a Sena 20S.

Hi there. I have an 20S Evo. Can't be too much different than the 20S, but maybe it is. I also have an SMH-10 and that won't pair with the GW. Sena recommended the 20S. Anyhow, I don't think you're having any problem connecting the headset. Sounds like you're having difficulty getting AA to launch on the bike. If I were you, I'd confirm the update succeeded. There's information on how to do that on the Honda Goldwing Webpage. Also, when you connect the phone to the USB cable, you should get a message on the phone as well as a message on the bike authorizing the connection. The GW will give you the option to deny, allow once, allow always.

Have you tried a different cable? Android also must be at a certain version.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I've tried waiting for the headset to connect and then plugging in the phone.
I've tried plugging in the phone before booting up the bike (booting up the bike is kinda weird, I guess turning on is a better term).
I've tried having my headset on before the bike starts.
I've tried turning on my headset after the bike starts.
I've tried turning on the bike, turning on the headset, then plugging in the phone.
I've tried turning on the bike, plugging in the phone, then turning on the headset.

There are a number of apps that are "allowed" under the customized launcher portion of the AA settings.
There are no cars shows as accepted or rejected cars.
"Wireless Projection" is on (but I think this would only matter if it was via Bluetooth).
I'm happy to change more stuff.

I've tried 3 different cables. All 3 cables allow me to browse my phone via my PC. I'm not saying it isn't a cable problem, but all 3 cables work on other devices with my phone.

My "original" cell phone cord is a USB C to USB C cable.
The connection on the bike requires a USB A connection.
My original phone cable won't work to connect my phone to the bike without some other trickery.

Still listening for all options.
I've set up my phone to work with Android Auto on rental cars before. I feel like it shouldn't be this hard.
FWIW, on a Samsung Galaxy S10e, I'm using this to connect the phone to the bike:

·
Registered
7 Posts
YES! I was going to start a thread -- but this. I installed twice before I realized that my USB cable was not data capable, and just a charging cable. Get a good one -- all fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here authentication failed.
Check to make sure that you deleted previous versions of swdl.iso from your files. On my Mac computer, the file had changed to swdl-2.iso. The motorcycle failed to recognize it. I found two other files on the computer swdl.iso and swdl-1.iso. The computer changed the name of the file because of the other two downloads. I was able to change the file name on the USB, and it then worked! ...the update did erase all of my radio presets... but since the radio reception is so lousy anyway, i rarely use the radio!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi there. I have an 20S Evo. Can't be too much different than the 20S, but maybe it is. I also have an SMH-10 and that won't pair with the GW. Sena recommended the 20S. Anyhow, I don't think you're having any problem connecting the headset. Sounds like you're having difficulty getting AA to launch on the bike. If I were you, I'd confirm the update succeeded. There's information on how to do that on the Honda Goldwing Webpage. Also, when you connect the phone to the USB cable, you should get a message on the phone as well as a message on the bike authorizing the connection. The GW will give you the option to deny, allow once, allow always.

Have you tried a different cable? Android also must be at a certain version.
Thanks for your post. It made me look again.
The update did succeed, but for whatever reason, it succeeded to the February update (which my bike wasn't on, I just bought it last weekend).
AA isn't included in this version of the update, so it makes sense that it isn't working.
Downloading again to get to a 20. release rather than the 19. release that I downloaded yesterday (I'm still not sure how I got a 19 release).

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Strange that I didn't have to pair up my Sena 20S Evo headsets again after this latest update...with all the other updates, I did , but not with this update..did anyone else find that they didn't have to pair up the headsets again.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Anyone using an External GPS with an android phone also connected to Android Auto?
I need to get Waze on the display panel and a Garmin GPS paired

STORY: I must tell ya, Android firmware: smooth as a baby's b--utt.
Loaded the file on my laptop, past it to my stick, onto the bike, paired my Samsung 'second phone' to the bike and it connects to Android Auto much faster than I ever did with my iPhone...very smooth and easy.

My problem is: while I am tune to Waze on the bike display panel, if I pair my Garmin I seem to lose the voice from Waze. I haven't figure this out completely, but it seems to me Honda-bike does not want to share the Sena50 with any other device.

I also noticed that once I pair with the bike, I lose the Blue tooth connection from the Garmin, when I re-pair the Garmin, I lose the bike's voice--though Waze stays on the display and send written warnings instead of verbal....

My hope is I don't know what I am doing and one of you all does better than I in getting the bike and an external GPS working simultaneously.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are very nice, inexpensive solutions. Go to Amazon or similar and check out Tozo 6 or Tozo 8 etc. Insert buds with microphones and decent sound that block wind and and noise fairly well. Don't want to wear them, keep them in your pocket.

prs
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere in the thread. I successfully loaded the July firmware update on to my 2018 DCT tour, and am now trying to activate Android Auto. I haven't been able to get past the part where you pair the bike to the headset. Here are the steps I have followed : 1. Audio Settings 2. Bluetooth Setting 3. Rider HS Pairing 4. Inquiry

The screen displays "Searching headset. Please wait" After a while it seems to time out, and goes back to the previous screen. I have an inexpensive Plantronics M70 headset which I had bought 4 or 5 years ago, and had paired successfully with my Android phone. I unpaired it from the phone before trying to pair it to the bike. Before I buy a Tozo product or some other headset, could you please advise if I'm following the proper procedure ? Thanks in advance

UPDATE : I think I found the answer about the compatibility of the Plantronics M70. Looked up the specs online and it lists A2DP as one of Bluetooth Profiles. The instructions from Honda state that this will not work with Android phone. Would still appreciate if you could advise if I'm following correct procedure. Thanks

UPDATE: I bought an Insignia NS-MBTHS and paired it to the bike. When I plugged the phone into the USB on the bike, it said "Unable to start Android Auto. Headset disconnected". I have my phone USB settings defaulted to File Transfer. Could it be the cable, as has been mentioned previously ?

381 - 400 of 428 Posts