GL1800Riders Forums banner

401 - 420 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere in the thread. I successfully loaded the July firmware update on to my 2018 DCT tour, and am now trying to activate Android Auto. I haven't been able to get past the part where you pair the bike to the headset. Here are the steps I have followed : 1. Audio Settings 2. Bluetooth Setting 3. Rider HS Pairing 4. Inquiry

The screen displays "Searching headset. Please wait" After a while it seems to time out, and goes back to the previous screen. I have an inexpensive Plantronics M70 headset which I had bought 4 or 5 years ago, and had paired successfully with my Android phone. I unpaired it from the phone before trying to pair it to the bike. Before I buy a Tozo product or some other headset, could you please advise if I'm following the proper procedure ? Thanks in advance

UPDATE : I think I found the answer about the compatibility of the Plantronics M70. Looked up the specs online and it lists A2DP as one of Bluetooth Profiles. The instructions from Honda state that this will not work with Android phone. Would still appreciate if you could advise if I'm following correct procedure. Thanks

UPDATE: I bought an Insignia NS-MBTHS and paired it to the bike. When I plugged the phone into the USB on the bike, it said "Unable to start Android Auto. Headset disconnected". I have my phone USB settings defaulted to File Transfer. Could it be the cable, as has been mentioned previously ?
It means AA couldn't/wouldn't start because headset not detected.
Headset needs to be connected to bike before the phone cord is plugged in. (look for the headset icon, with a 1 on it on the top line of the screen on the bike).

Phone will have to have AA running as well. There is an AA setting so it autostarts in future when re-connected to bike.

I don't know what you mean by 'I have my phone USB settings defaulted to File Transfer'.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I apologize if this is covered elsewhere in the thread. I successfully loaded the July firmware update on to my 2018 DCT tour, and am now trying to activate Android Auto. I haven't been able to get past the part where you pair the bike to the headset. Here are the steps I have followed : 1. Audio Settings 2. Bluetooth Setting 3. Rider HS Pairing 4. Inquiry

The screen displays "Searching headset. Please wait" After a while it seems to time out, and goes back to the previous screen. I have an inexpensive Plantronics M70 headset which I had bought 4 or 5 years ago, and had paired successfully with my Android phone. I unpaired it from the phone before trying to pair it to the bike. Before I buy a Tozo product or some other headset, could you please advise if I'm following the proper procedure ? Thanks in advance

UPDATE : I think I found the answer about the compatibility of the Plantronics M70. Looked up the specs online and it lists A2DP as one of Bluetooth Profiles. The instructions from Honda state that this will not work with Android phone. Would still appreciate if you could advise if I'm following correct procedure. Thanks

UPDATE: I bought an Insignia NS-MBTHS and paired it to the bike. When I plugged the phone into the USB on the bike, it said "Unable to start Android Auto. Headset disconnected". I have my phone USB settings defaulted to File Transfer. Could it be the cable, as has been mentioned previously ?
Same thing happened to me until I realized I had to look behind the abort screen and it's listed there. Close the abort screen and you should see it. I expected it to appear on top, but it appeared behind the abort screen where I didn't expect.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Are you guys pairing the bike to the BT or the phone?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Are you guys pairing the bike to the BT or the phone?
So, after I updated to the 20. release I paired my Bluetooth headset to the bike.
I didn't pair my phone. I "think", however, that my phone remembered the connection and if I switch out of AA the bluetooth connection gets re-established.

To make AA work you should only need to pair your Bluetooth Headset and plug in your Android phone, but it isn't clear that you are looking to make AA work, or if you are trying to do something else.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I find the same issue: the phone pairs again on its own then the thing dont work till I unpaired the phone turn my BT off on the phone...then it works

·
Registered
9 Posts
I find the same issue: the phone pairs again on its own then the thing dont work till I unpaired the phone turn my BT off on the phone...then it works
Agreed, It works most excellent when the phone is unpaired and my Sena is only paired. Then with Google assistant enabled it's a breeze to do most anything. I did a dry run with maps and SXM and wow, I'm loving it.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I tried to unpair the phone but it keeps connecting back. In fact, i cannot bring Waze up unless it shows both the phone and rider connected. I am connecting to 'second phone' on the Sena--is that bad?

·
Registered
718 Posts
You should be able to forget the Goldwing on the phone, which should make it not pair.
You can also try turning off Bluetooth altogether on the phone, which should also prevent it from being paired to the bike.

There's also an option to make it so the bike doesn't pair with the phone. Maybe under Phone Settings on the Home menu.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
You should be able to forget the Goldwing on the phone, which should make it not pair.
You can also try turning off Bluetooth altogether on the phone, which should also prevent it from being paired to the bike.

There's also an option to make it so the bike doesn't pair with the phone. Maybe under Phone Settings on the Home menu.
Bike with headset paired and connected.
Headset is not connected to phone.

Phone pairing shut off on bike.
Bike pairing deleted from phone.
Bt on phone shut off

When AA fires up it does pair them anyway. Message is that paired for phone audio.

After disconnecting, and with the bike shut off (and phone moved away from bike) bike now shows up in 'paired devices' list on the phone (not as connected, but in the paired list, same as other devices that I sometimes connect the phone to)

Don't know what it all means, just that Nando isn't dreaming that when the bike/phone are cable connected they also turn on and connect by Bt

Guess I should get out and see how it all behaves when riding.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Bike with headset paired and connected.
Headset is not connected to phone.

Phone pairing shut off on bike.
Bike pairing deleted from phone.
Bt on phone shut off

When AA fires up it does pair them anyway. Message is that paired for phone audio.

After disconnecting, and with the bike shut off (and phone moved away from bike) bike now shows up in 'paired devices' list on the phone (not as connected, but in the paired list, same as other devices that I sometimes connect the phone to)

Don't know what it all means, just that Nando isn't dreaming that when the bike/phone are cable connected they also turn on and connect by Bt

Guess I should get out and see how it all behaves when riding.
Interesting...

I've only done a couple experiments since getting AA working.
At one point I intentionally exited AA and was playing music via Bluetooth, through the bike, to my headset.
It was working just like it worked before AA was available.

I then launched AA. The music didn't miss a beat. At the bottom of the AA screen it showed that I was playing via Google Play Music (which was true). I paused that, and switched to Google Podcasts via the AA menus.
I exited AA and it kept playing Google Podcasts.
I was sure this was some sort of anomaly.

Maybe not. Maybe it's smarter than I think.

It certainly sounds like it is worthy of us paying attention to actually figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Haven’t done the july update yet but happy to see that our Android user’s finally have AA. I have Apple and learned during the last update it is easier to just reset your BT communication (Sena 10S in my case), get the latest firmware update there as well. Delete all the current parings on my IPhones (Mine and my wife’s) and and start the pairing process again from scratch. Yes, I have to pull the manual out again, but it is a good refresher.
Sena allows you to connect two bluetooth devices, the GW and then your phone. You want to do them in the correct order. I choose to not connect my phone by BT since it is hard wired to the bike, but it is an advantage for my wife, so she can send and receive calls independent of the GW.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I been through the CarPlay nightmare....now I am in the Android Nightmare.

The phone BT and the phone on the bike connect automatically no matter how many times I unpair them.
I tried unpairing the bike from my phone and re-pair it to 'second phone' but it automatically tell me I am connected.

I cannot uninstall the Android app out of my phone. It wont allow for that.

I am at a loss...don't really know how to proceed. I tried putting my home address on Waze and directions came via speaker, not the Sena...I have no idea how that happened, since the bike shows the Sena BT connected

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
While away from the bike...miles away...I made my phone forget the Goldwing pairing...maybe this will work now. But "this will work" I mean finally getting rid of that auto connection between my phone/bike.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Anyone have an issue with trying to respond to a text while in AA? I was riding today when when I received my 1st text while AA was enabled. I was able to listen 👂 to the text ok but when AA asked if I would like to reply to to it I verbally said "Yes" but it ignored me. I then stopped my bike, replayed the message it responded to my "Yes" reply.

I turned up my microphone level to the max but no charge. Searched the Android Auto info on the recent Honda's Goldwing AA download page but nothing. Searched Android Auto.com web site but still nothing.

Any ideas? 🤪

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Same thing happened to me until I realized I had to look behind the abort screen and it's listed there. Close the abort screen and you should see it. I expected it to appear on top, but it appeared behind the abort screen where I didn't expect.
I dont no why honda did that? Mine too.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
No deal, no matter what I do, the bluetooth button on my phone is on and its on "ON" in the bike also but, on the bike, it is opaque. What in the world is going on

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey guys, first ride today with Android Auto. I observed on three start ups today that when I plugged my phone in I got a message on the bottom of the Infotainment screen that there is a communication problem with the phone. Twice I unplugged and re-plugged the phone and it worked but another time I had to shut the bike off and restart it. On two occasions it was playing fine then suddenly lost Android auto.

I am trying to determine if the issue is my cable, my phone itself or if the new Android Auto update we got is buggy.

Anybody else have similar issues?

Craig

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mine always connects, if I have waited long enough to ensure the bike and headset are communicating.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
No deal, no matter what I do, the bluetooth button on my phone is on and its on "ON" in the bike also but, on the bike, it is opaque. What in the world is going on
Mine also always turns of Bt on both bike and phone (see my prior post #410, with what I tried/verified)

That said, it will run Waze without issue (other than I'm a Waze newbie).

If I've left a destination in process in waze and shut everything down, waze will be reloaded when headset/bike restarted and phone reconnected.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think that the bt self-connecting issue has anything to do with you waze issue (is waze still they issue on your set-up?)

401 - 420 of 428 Posts