GL1800Riders Forums banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Once you're in the nav screen click Enter to display the Menu.
Next click Enter with "Menu" highlighted.
Scroll to "Setup" and click Enter.
Scroll to "Map/View Settings" and click Enter.
With "Map Setup" highlighted click Enter.
Scroll to "Heading Up 3D" and click Enter.
Now click back until you get back to the map view.

I think this will also address your split screen issue, but am not positive.

View attachment 372751
What did you select for "Day Map Colors"? Your map is clear and has multiple colors just like Google Maps..

·
Registered
794 Posts
What did you select for "Day Map Colors"? Your map is clear and has multiple colors just like Google Maps..
Uhh, I don't think I've changed it from the default.
Had to go look. That's with it set to Gray.
That's pretty zoomed out and might not be representative of the map for actual navigation purposes.

This is a more "zoomed in" view.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Uhh, I don't think I've changed it from the default.
Had to go look. That's with it set to Gray.
That's pretty zoomed out and might not be representative of the map for actual navigation purposes.

This is a more "zoomed in" view.
View attachment 372812
Your previous post showed more color. -- colored highways and green surroundings, etc. Quite different from what you have in this post.

* UPDATE: Nevermind, I found the setting I was looking for. Thanks! *

·
Registered
794 Posts
You are correct, but that's just based on zoom level.
In the first set of pics I'm zoomed to show multiple states / countries.
The "pinkish" roads I think are interstates at that zoom level.

At the zoom level I post later the roads near me are very 'local'. The road labeled with 28 is a state road. There are no US roads in that view (including interstates).

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I finally gave up on Android Auto. I happen to have the Samsung S20.
I experience constantly having to re-pair, not pairing correctly, random malfunctions making phone calls.
I called Samsung Support once and the guy took over my phone ad re-installed AA and he said: "it should work now"...but I was the same. Unless someone schools me on how to pair this phone to this bike effectively, I am out. ... maybe when Samsung puts out an update for the S20 I may try again.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I finally gave up on Android Auto. I happen to have the Samsung S20.
I experience constantly having to re-pair, not pairing correctly, random malfunctions making phone calls.
I called Samsung Support once and the guy took over my phone ad re-installed AA and he said: "it should work now"...but I was the same. Unless someone schools me on how to pair this phone to this bike effectively, I am out. ... maybe when Samsung puts out an update for the S20 I may try again.
Im pretty much done with Android Auto too..my phone Samsung S7 works ok most of the time but the system reboots quite a bit when trying to use voice control...also the controls to operate AA and Wase are just so awkward and clumsy and I have a heck of the time trying to just zoom in on the maps...especally when using Wase.. that its just not worth it. Lots of people here complain about the Honda Navi but honestly I think that the Honda Navi looks better and is easier to use than AA using Google maps and Wase..the only thing I really like about using AA is the voice control, and the music apps..but like I said the system crashes and reboots half the time when trying to use voice control....there is work to be done with this system to make AA work better IMO.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Waze on car play was better, which is not saying much.

Now, the freaking Android App is not possible to uninstall from my phone. Whatta chaotic system...you would think these programmers would/could see these malfunctions coming...sloppy workmenship, very sloppy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi all,

July 2020 for USA is released!!!

Interesting update
Want some tasty new-bike upgrades without buying a new bike? No worries—we’ll hook you up with this latest Gold Wing software update for free. This latest version is designed for 2018-2020 Gold Wings, and includes the following:
  • Android Auto Compatibility*
  • Audio Equalizer Adjustments
  • New Navi Automatic Volume Adjustment
  • New Four-Color Map Selection
  • New ETA Function
  • Speed Limit Signs Shown on Route
  • Chinese and Korean Characters Displayed on Music Titles and Phone Book
-New ETA function...... I have the Arrival Time function showing, counting down the time to arrival, same as it was before this update, but no Estimated Time of Arrival. Is there an option to add ETA or maybe replace Arrive time with ETA?

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
-New ETA function...... I have the Arrival Time function showing, counting down the time to arrival, same as it was before this update, but no Estimated Time of Arrival. Is there an option to add ETA or maybe replace Arrive time with ETA?
While the map is showing...push the enter button and that will bring up the menu...then scroll over to the left and that will highlight the options..when it highlights the ETA box push the enter button and that will toggle between the ETA and the actual time that you will arrive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was trying to use Google Play Music. That app is an AA app. I wish I can be proven wrong but from what I'm seeing, when Google Play Music is used through AA, audio is ONLY available through fairing speakers.

The main feature of the July update is AA. I was expecting this would allow me to use Google Play Music, listening through the Bluetooth/ helmet. I'm not a fan of playing audio through bike speakers whether it's my bike, or someone else's. The loud volume needed to hear the audio is obnoxious.

Using Google Play Music and my Sena, though Google Play Music is an AA app, the July Update, gives me nothing on this regard, unless I use the fairing.
....also time to move from Google Play Music to YouTube Music.....you can migrate everything via Google's tool. I think GPM expires on Oct. 1?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not a problem whatsoever downloading this update to my computer (Mac), but for some reason unknown to me, it will not copy to a flash drive. It gives this error message: The item "swdl.iso" can't be copied because it is too large for the volume's format. Looks obvious right? I tried a clean 16 gig drive and a clean 128 gig drive, same error message. I can add and remove other files to the same drives, just not this one.

I know enough about this type of this to be dangerous. Hoping that someone here more say with such can assist.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you format your drive before you tried to download to it ?
I have a Mac as well and it worked just fine for me

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Not a problem whatsoever downloading this update to my computer (Mac), but for some reason unknown to me, it will not copy to a flash drive. It gives this error message: The item "swdl.iso" can't be copied because it is too large for the volume's format. Looks obvious right? I tried a clean 16 gig drive and a clean 128 gig drive, same error message. I can add and remove other files to the same drives, just not this one.

I know enough about this type of this to be dangerous. Hoping that someone here more say with such can assist.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Did you format the usb using Honda's instructions for doing the transfer/update with and Mac?

(I'm gonna guess that like the PC version, the computer's usb formatting command options must be changed from the default)

Should be a links on this page to the instructions for MAC and for PC
Honda Gold Wing

·
Registered
297 Posts
Did you format the usb using Honda's instructions for doing the transfer/update with and Mac?

(I'm gonna guess that like the PC version, the computer's usb formatting command options must be changed from the default)

Should be a links on this page to the instructions for MAC and for PC
Honda Gold Wing
Thanks for the advice, no I did not format it exactly to their instructions. Let me try that...

441 - 455 of 455 Posts