GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some folk who live or travel throughout the Northwest comment on general riding conditions in mid to late July. We are trying to target a date for our summer tour.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Jim,
The weather up here is fairly moderate in July. It can get pretty hot some years, just kind of hit & miss. Will be cooler at higher elevations at night, Eastern WA can get pretty toasty and windy.

Unfortunately it is kind of hit & miss and until summer rolls around you never know what you are going to get... and even then, you still don't.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help... lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
It generally isn't too bad ... Eastern Washington gets a couple weeks of 100 degree weather betwee July and Sept ( We had hail on July 4th couple yrs ago) Seattle is typical coastal weather....( Nice) but also can get warm at times.... Year round the weather is great and I think Wa. is the nicest place to live in the US......
Ron,
Spokane

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! We can tolerate the temps O.K., just didn't want to plan the trip for the middle of the rainy season. I have heard you have one, just haven't heard when it is. Can hardly wait to see your area!

·
Registered
229 Posts
You never know about western Washington even in July. I have taken week long trips in the area and ridden in the rain every day. You know what........ it was still GREAT. Some of my favorite places to ride in the entire country are in Washington and Oregon.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Who are we kidding ,it rains here every day ,thats why they invented Gortex, for the North West.You won't like it up here the water is every where ,with mountains coming right down to waters edge. No matter whether you look east or west. We don't tan ,we rust. Every once in a while the weather man screws up and you actually see blue sky. Some times all of July and August. Bummer! In eastern WA its hot and dustey, with lots of little roads that go through little towns to nowhere.Along rivers and through Nat. forests. Bummer!
**** :D :D :D :D :D :D :yw1:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Here is Glacier Nat'l Park in JUNE! :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
JimS said:
Thanks Guys! We can tolerate the temps O.K., just didn't want to plan the trip for the middle of the rainy season. I have heard you have one, just haven't heard when it is. Can hardly wait to see your area!
Quote from the Seattle area tourism board:

IT RAINS ALL THE TIME... STAY AWAY!! :rain1:

That's what we tell people to keep them from moving up here... it is all propoganda ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Jim
You should have told Mike and **** right up front that you are NOT from California. I'm sure they would tell you the truth if they were sure you're not. :p

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The weather patterns here can vary greatly, depending on where you are due to the mountains, seawater, etc.

The Weather Underground has some nice historical seasonal weather information available for just about any city. For example, here's one for Spokane

You can go to their site and plug in the city you're looking for, and then choose "Seasonal Historical Data" in the "History & Almanac" section.

The summer is usually great up here - nice temps, no humidity and no thunderstorms. (Of course, you can't tell anyone how nice it is, or everyone in California will start coming up here again :evil: )

·
Registered
759 Posts
being from sunny southern california....I only know that it always snows and rains in Washington....jus ask any 2.5 mile member... :a13: :a13:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts