GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Falken 912 on my 08 GL1800 and it feels great. Took a couple mile tryout with it and could not believe how quiet it was. The stability is unsurpassed. Had a Battalax mounted on the front last weekend. Ready to start some serious rides now. Thanks for all your input to convince me to go this way. I'm more of a super slab rider than a twisty rider and am expecting good things from this tire combination. I'll be sending off for my sticker and get me number assigned to me.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Excellent tire friend jpinpa loves them falkens murgie is the number guy and tjranch is the sticker guy but might be a while before tj gets to you looks like he got side swip by a car in florida but doing ok in the hospital enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: And welcome to the Darkside! Excellent tire choice!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the Darkside.

I think you'll love that combo for that area.

My bride and I had our 1st home on Baughman, train track in the back and everything!

Tornado came though several years after we moved and scoured the whole block.

Been down 47th st To Augusta? Used to have a couple of nice curves on it.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Got my Falken 912 on my 08 GL1800 and it feels great. Took a couple mile tryout with it and could not believe how quiet it was. The stability is unsurpassed. Had a Battalax mounted on the front last weekend. Ready to start some serious rides now. Thanks for all your input to convince me to go this way. I'm more of a super slab rider than a twisty rider and am expecting good things from this tire combination. I'll be sending off for my sticker and get me number assigned to me.

Congrats & welcome. Just something to think about with your new Falken. As you probably already know, most folks running the Falken run it at 44 psi and that pressure, more often than not, will lead to premature center tire tread wear. Since you indicated you ride slab a lot, you may want to try lowering your tire pressure until you find just enough air pressure that the flexing sidewalls doesn't bother you. By doing that, hopefully you'll get more life out of the tire. Just keep in mind, however, if you go slamming it into the turns with the lower pressure, you may not like the feel of it, and will have to increase the psi to play in the turns.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Congrats & welcome. Just something to think about with your new Falken. As you probably already know, most folks running the Falken run it at 44 psi and that pressure, more often than not, will lead to premature center tire tread wear. Since you indicated you ride slab a lot, you may want to try lowering your tire pressure until you find just enough air pressure that the flexing sidewalls doesn't bother you. By doing that, hopefully you'll get more life out of the tire. Just keep in mind, however, if you go slamming it into the turns with the lower pressure, you may not like the feel of it, and will have to increase the psi to play in the turns.
My suggestion 40psi for slab :thumbup:

·
Registered
957 Posts
It 's easier to see the light when riding on the darkside , welcome :congrats:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the Darkside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts