GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 06 Motortrike with 1600 miles on it [dealer demo] and put 350 hard steering miles on it. I just finished putting on 450 miles with the new 4.5 Champion EZ steer kit I had put on and all I can say is WOW why did I procrastinate for the first 350 miles? It steers awesome ! Well worth the $$.
This brings me to a question. The Honda dealer I had do the work installs lots of trike kits so I got to asking them about how they handle warranty on the bikes, as mine runs out in Aug. They said they do the work as necessary and havent had any problems with Honda yet. In my case they would sell me a aftermarket warranty for 3 yrs and $800 w/$25 deductible.Bumper to bumper,unlimited miles. They have used the same company for 20 yrs with no problems and gave me a list of references of people that had made claims through them. Its good pretty much at any Honda dealer in the states. With the troubles I've read with the 06 tranny's I'm seriously considering getting. Yhea or Nay. :shrug: eyes5709

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I bought a 06 Motortrike with 1600 miles on it [dealer demo] and put 350 hard steering miles on it. I just finished putting on 450 miles with the new 4.5 Champion EZ steer kit I had put on and all I can say is WOW why did I procrastinate for the first 350 miles? It steers awesome ! Well worth the $$.
This brings me to a question. The Honda dealer I had do the work installs lots of trike kits so I got to asking them about how they handle warranty on the bikes, as mine runs out in Aug. They said they do the work as necessary and havent had any problems with Honda yet. In my case they would sell me a aftermarket warranty for 3 yrs and $800 w/$25 deductible.Bumper to bumper,unlimited miles. They have used the same company for 20 yrs with no problems and gave me a list of references of people that had made claims through them. Its good pretty much at any Honda dealer in the states. With the troubles I've read with the 06 tranny's I'm seriously considering getting. Yhea or Nay. :shrug: eyes5709

My Honda dealer is Town & Country Sports Center in Cement City, Michigan call and ask for the Gen. Mgr. Scott tell him LoneStar sent you. He will help answer those questions...........

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
As just a Word of Warning before you drop a Trike off at an unknown Dealer (Honda) call and ask if they are Trike Friendly!!!!!!!!! I ask that of a dealer in this area (70 miles away), and was told that if one shows up for Warranty work (Trike that is) that they would notify Honda that the Warranty is Voided by them, and enter the VIN into the Data base, as having Excessive Modifications........... So not all dealers will work on them I found out...

It pays to call before hand if you can.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts