GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought it would be fun to be a great grandfather at the age of 35!

Well, it is fun being a new great grandpa, but it took me twice as long to do it. Nice Christmas Present!

Tom

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congrats Tom...enjoy. Hope Mom and baby are fine. Best of wishes.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Have fun and don't spoil the little bugger to bad, congrats Tom!!!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Congratulations Tom on the GGP status. I guess when the baby gets older you will be called "great" for short! Hope everything is OK and you are aimed at spoiling this one really rotten! :lol:

Talking about great, I was impressed with your "Great" Tailwind at Wing Ding last year!

Are you going to be in Billings in 07?

Road Runner

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Congrats!!
A riding bud of mine and his wife are raising their Great Granddaughter she is 12 they are in there mid 70's
Hazle
ps. he does'nt have time for riding much he had to go back to work?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now Hazle,
Don't say that too loud!

Road Runner,
I am certainly hoping to go to Billiings and thanks for the kudos on the Tailwind. I am bracing myself as we are about to announce the 07 Tailwind.

The new baby girl's grand mother rode on the back of my bike from San Antonio to Roanoke and back when she was 15 yers old. More recently, she donated a kidney to my youngest son so he could get off dialysis. She is now taking up flying, and is an engineer at Raytheon.

Thanks to all for the good thoughts!
:chat: :clap2:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Congrats Tom another gift from GOD!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Tom, congrats hope you take this one for a ride too. Joy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just a Kid

Congratulations Tom. If being a great grandfather is better than being a grandfather, I don't think I will be able to stand it. :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Congrats Tom,
The GrandPa gig can be fun especially when they get old enough to ride with ya. My 5 year old grandson wants his own helemt with intercom, he thinks the plain helmet one of my buddy's got him is ok but he can't talk to me like his MiMi does. :wink: :lol:
Talk about spoiled, he comes to our house to suck up all the fresh vegetables. Hopefully ya get to look forward to seein' the grandkids as often as "you" would like to not when the parents drop 'em off. :wink:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Tom, is there anybody in your family that's what we would call "average?" That's quite a testimony to your granddaughter, and I know you'll enjoy the new great-grandkid, too. You guys must have gotten started early. I'm your age and still have grandkids who are a few years away from making me a great-grandBob.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi, Bob and Merry Christmas!

I actually have a divorced grandson in his thirties. I thought I would be a great grandpa a decade ago.

Our whole family considers themselves just average people. I am not so sure I am up the average level yet, but working on it. My brother that lived in Irving and now in Corryell, did win best in World in Baltimore a year or so back in wood carving birds of prey.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts