GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to you fella's up in the great white north, but I just HAD to do this. Taken from my driveway in my neighborhood.

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:54am EST, 78°, Sunny, low humidity, I'm going for a ride! YEE-HAW!

Bartman

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah Bart, we've got it tough.

But remember we've got that cold front coming this weekend. Highs in the 60s..what ever will we do???

Ride of course!

Dep

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Now that is just downright mean, nasty and totally un called for. Shame on you year round riders for enticing us northerners to move there so we can ride all year too!!!

You should be taken out to the woodshed and :chatter: thouroughly punished for lack of respect. Now where did my Gerbing stuff go, I gotta go ride now....

·
Registered
727 Posts
Weather should be good for the weekly dinner ride tonite.

Doing the 'Ride4Kids' on Sunday...high mid-70's.

The good ridin' season in Florida is the next few months.

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Yeah....
this sucks.... :wink:
Looks great right now. In a few weeks it'll look like a nuclear bomb hit the area! :( BTDT....

All areas have good points and bad.....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Florida

Too bad Florida can't have the weather it has now all of the time. They would have to rename it San Diego. In Daytona a couple of Saturdays ago it was 96 degrees and humid. In the summer your tires melt to the pavement. But we must allow our southern neighbors the occaisional gloat, in between hurricanes that is. :lol: :lol: :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
"Sunshine State"

That looks familiar.... which is why that call Florida the "Sunshine State". Fall and winter offers the best riding weather in this part of the country.

I wish that I knew how to upload a photo.

:)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Touche', Bill.

I'd trade some riding time to be able to see those sights close to home.

Dep

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must admit, growing up in East Tennessee, I miss the fall colors and the mountains, but I do LOVE this weather.

Christmas day in 1989, Jacksonville got a inch of snow. Yep, one inch!! You would not believe how many wrecks there were in this town. 7 days later on January 1st, it was 72° and I was in shorts and a t-shirt.

Regarding being taken to the woodshed and punished, I wouldn't mind, as long as she's cute and likes woodsheds!

Bartman

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Dep I saw the cold front coming in so I bought a electric blanket to cover my lady. She is not use to the cold. when it gets in the 60 darn now thats cold

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
dtbmjax - aka Bartman said:
Sorry to you fella's up in the great white north, but I just HAD to do this. Taken from my driveway in my neighborhood.

Looks like where I am but in the mid 50s. Also looks like this around aug., sept., but in the 80s and at night in the 60s to lower 70s with very low humidity and no mosquitos. Three months this year it was hot, in the 100s during the day an the upper 80s to 90s at night, that was a fluke though, not usually that hot in the summer months.

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Damn I love Florida weather

You gotta love it. This Saturday I'm going to Ocala for a charity ride for Hospice. Music and BBQ at the end.

Last weekend the town I left to come to sunny Florida had 16" of snow. Yep I said 16 ". Now that ain't purty this time of year.

We had warm sunshine. Life is good.

Al
Lady Lake, Fl

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Show us a picture of a nice curvy, mountain motorcycle road.

How about one in the hot, humid summer when you don't care to go outdoors.

How about a final one where the house is flooded or blown away.

At least you don't have to worry about flooded cellars.

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
Don Swanburg said:
Show us a picture of a nice curvy, mountain motorcycle road.

How about one in the hot, humid summer when you don't care to go outdoors.

How about a final one where the house is flooded or blown away.

At least you don't have to worry about flooded cellars.
It tickels the snit out of me everyone doesn't like Florida. Everyone should be living where they want to. God knows we have enough people down here from New England already! :roll:

Can't remember anyone in my lifetime that said "I can't wait to retire to New Hampshire"! ROFLMAO....

FYI.... I ride all over the United States when it's 90+ degrees. Don't you? You don't ride much if you only ride when the weather's perfect!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Weather

Like Bartman, I rode today also. Got hungry and headed north to Brunswick,Ga for lunch. Only about 50 miles from the house. Took me 4 hours to get there. Seems like I tend to get lost everytime I leave the house. SO says I must not know how to use the GPS. Oh well, the lunch was good and I enjoyed the scenery. GPS said my top speed was 62 mph. Never found that Interstate Hwy everybody talks about though. Guess I'll have to keep looking.

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
05 DARK GREY C.E.A.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Red said:
It tickels the snit out of me everyone doesn't like Florida.

Can't remember anyone in my lifetime that said "I can't wait to retire to New Hampshire"! ROFLMAO....

FYI.... I ride all over the United States when it's 90+ degrees. Don't you? You don't ride much if you only ride when the weather's perfect!
Red, that post made me laugh.

I'll take the 4-5 months of really hot weather so I can enjoy the the really great months the rest of the year. Hurricanes are a fact of life here in Florida, but it's something you learn to live with, just like the people of Southern California have to deal with earthquakes and fires. I've been on Florida for 17+ years and have never had a hurricane impact me (although I did spend a week in South Florida after Hurricane Andrew doing volunteer work).

Personally, I don't mind riding in the hot weather. The faster you go, the cooler it gets! And there are obviously no "mountian" roads here in Florida, but if you know where to look, you can find some nice twisty roads.

Bartman

Bartman

·
Registered
652 Posts
You all have it wrong!!!!
Florida is a nasty place that is toooooo hot most of the time. :cry:
Fire ants and love bugs, sand fleas and mosquitoes.
Not safe on the roads. :cus:
Silver hairs every where.
Long straight roads. Boring!
Salt in the air corrodes everything. :banghead:
Hurricanes all the time.
The lightening capital of the world. :eek:4:
Every ride is drenched with a cloud burst from an unpredicted thunderstorm. :(
So stay away!!!!
With that said I think I'll go for a ride before you all get here and make it more crowded. :yes:
TR

1 - 20 of 50 Posts