GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on 20 going through Grand praire this guy in a white Cadillac STS came across 3 lanes then into the fourth where i was. i laid into the horn when i seen the tires cross the line, and he kept coming then after i was in the meridian, still on the horn, he seen what he had done got over and slowed down till i lost him in traffic, called police after i got to work with his plate but they cant do anything, didnt think they could, cause he just made a error in judgement nothing illegal, but if he kills me then they can charge him if he stops.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ride in the DFW traffic a lot. I prefer I-30 to I-20 for that very reason. Just last week.....driving in my cage with my son and his friend on I-35 northbound just north of GB toll road in the HOV lane, a certified idiot pulled from a dead-stop into the HOV lane right in front of us. He drove over those poly tubing lane dividers. I slammed on the brakes only in time because I noticed his tires turn left.....prior to his move. The anticipation of this move came from my adoption of "Invisible Rider" mentality I exercise religiously on my bike. Anti-lock kicked in, tires still smoked and I angled the cage almost into the concrete barrier to avoid hitting the oblivious moron. Accident averted my anger took over. My son, who witnessed the entire event commented something that still haunts me..,....."that was a motorcyclists killing move" and boy was he right. Glad you survived without harm.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Always gotta have your head "on a swivel" to survive the idiots out there.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I had some stupid woman backing out of a driveway today, back all the way across the north bound lane and half way across the south bound lane which I was in. I had to go to the white line to keep from being clobbered!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'm glad you were able to keep things under control and arrive at work safely!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts