GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Did you screw the dipstick back in or leave it unscrewed when checking? the bike won't run worth a darn if you screw it back in.

Plus if you don't wipe it off before inserting, the bike will take that as in insult and vibrate for weeks!:joke:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
How many pounds of sand to you run in your tires.:shrug:

And how often do you change it to keep that smooth as glass feeling?.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Change the blinker fluid and the blinkers will stay on longer

·
Registered
100 Posts
Muffler bearings

Muffler bearings are the real "must do." You won't believe the difference a fresh set makes.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Don't forget the secret of putting a bucket of steam in your side bag for overall better performance. :coffee1::coffee1:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Muffler bearings are the real "must do." You won't believe the difference a fresh set makes.
Better yet are "hydraulic muffler bearings", much easier than the standard bearings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1.21 jigowatts.....

No, but seriously, I try to fill up my luggage compartments with helium every time i pass a party store. I get way better gas milage with a lighter bike.
You guys are falling behind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is even better - replace the engine with a nice efficient electric motor. Now just add a couple wind powered generators on the sides of the bike. The faster you go the more power and the faster you go - It's a perpetual motion machine!

GCC is now cured :thumbup:

And I can't believe how much better it handles when parked. :agree:

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
The OE muffler bearings are just as good as the tapered after market ones, I don't give a hoot wut ya say!

What color of checks did ya put on the oil?

prs

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Geeeeez, It's barely the end of Summer, I can't wait to read the posts come late December!!!

:clap2:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
dont ferget the crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer crush washer

·
Registered
20,014 Posts
The OE muffler bearings are just as good as the tapered after market ones, I don't give a hoot wut ya say!

What color of checks did ya put on the oil?

prs
If you install the roller muffler bearings, you can torque them down to 30 lb ft, thereby creating a muffler damper, which will eliminate the dreaded and dangerous muffler wobble. Of course, none of this will matter if you don't install a muffler brace.

Unfortunately, the Wing only has a baffle in one muffler. But you can fix that with dual cartridge baffles for $2500 that will cure that problem. Do this, and your bike, as well as your life, will once again be symmetrical.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts