GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Pirelli Snow Control (non-studded) on Wanda. Size 195/55R16. I’m good with it after a 150 smile test.
I think I’ll stay on this side with the Wing , assuming I don’t crash and burn as I was warned at the local Honda shop.

Attachments

Reactions: JoeHall and Monk

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I put the Pirelli Snow Control (non-studded) on Wanda. Size 195/55R16. I’m good with it after a 150 smile test.
I think I’ll stay on this side with the Wing , assuming I don’t crash and burn as I was warned at the local Honda shop.

Looks great, that's what Ill be doing when my stock tire wears out.
I find the stock tire acts like a CT anyway being as wide as it is.
Is that a RF?:smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it’s a run flat. I can’t tell much difference. It’s my first CT ever on any bike.

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
Welcome to the darkside ! Get your number. Think murgie still does ?? Just a thought on changing out tire …. Lay it over - easy/ faster

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
I'm curious did your local Honda shop mount it for you?

·
Registered
700 Posts
--

In Grand Junction, CO, my local Honda dealer will mount and put in Ride_On. They have me sign a waiver which is no problem.

--

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey congratulations. I went over two weeks ago. Best thing ever. Check out on YouTube......theJOEBELLO. 2018 goldwing darkside. I Did a few vids of the rear tire contact patch and in slow mo too . Good luck with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shop mount

I'm curious did your local Honda shop mount it for you?
No. Local Honda said they would not do it. “Too dangerous”. So I took it to my guy who normally mounts my MTs for me.
I take the wheel and tire to him and do all the bike work myself. That shop charged me $15 to take the old tar off and put the CT on the rim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UNCLEJOHN;5515555 Just a thought on changing out tire …. Lay it over - easy/ faster[/QUOTE said:
I just put mine on the center stand. Love that single sided swing arm!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts