GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merritt island Florida to Melbourne Florida, the newspaper said 25,000 bikes were expected based on last year - the organizers said that the weather being so nice we might have hit 30,000 bikes. I took some photos and once I figure out how to post them on the new board I'll do it.

By the way last year same ride same speeds pre ECM I went close to redline and bounced around there for 10 or 15 minutes. This year never moved off of it's regular 3:15 spot.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
wow, who was the "road captain" for that run

I hope all went well, that would be fun to be in the middle of that big a party, can't wait to see the pix

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
But where do you park? Who gets the ticket for running the red light. How long does a refueling stop take?

Man I could go on and on. Sounds like a good time, for a good cause. I have ridden in the rolling thunder and that is a sight to see as well.

Thanks for posting!

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The police close the roads to other traffic, block off the intersections and generally see it through for us. I already had a hot dog in my mouth before the last bike left the start. It is put on by Abate and the Shriners. The top Shriner in the country flew in from Alaska for the event which is there second biggest fund raising event next to there national pow wow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts