GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning, entered the garage and approached the New wing. Unlocking itself with no effort on my part, I pressed a button on the trunk and it opened up so I could store my lunch and personal belongings. I jogged the silky-smooth knob twice and the beautifully lit 21st century dash came to life. Inserting the cable into my phone, my carplay options appeared on the screen. I pressed the starter button and the sweet, smooth motor instantaneously awakened... purring as it warmed up. Fwd and rear walking, allowed me to easily maneuver the beautiful beast within the 2 cars parked in its way, its low center of gravity and reduced weight requiring barely an effort. As i pulled out of the driveway, XM sirius playing over the speakers, the electronic windshield extended itself, offering me its protection from the chilly morning air. The self canceling turn signals obeyed their programmed command as i eased out on to the road which was under repair. The front suspension soaked up all the irregularities so much so that my hands felt nothing but the calmness of a surgeon's skilled hands. The quick, smooth* shifting* DCT nailed its shift points with the accuracy of an F1 driver and the bike quickly accelerated to cruising speed, exploding the darkness with its bright LED headlight. I reached for my morning coffee with my left hand and drank the columbian nectar, thankful of the fact there wasnt a clutch lever i needed to manhandle, as i slowed down for the upcoming round about.* As I approached the entrance to the highway, i could see my merging opportunity was closing fast, so a press of the button to bring up sport mode and a quick press of the downshift button brought the screaming beast to life as she lurched at the chance to be unrestrained. in the blink of an eye and a double beat of the heart, my speed tripled and i tucked myself safely into the gap, instead of having to wait in the long line that had begun to form behind me. another touch of the button and my feline settled itself into tour mode for the rest of our short journey. Parking next to a chrome laden oldwing, its stand crushing the asphalt under its 900+ lbs of porcine, i happened to notice what seemed to be coffee spilled all over the 138 buttons, seeping into the crevices of each one and splattered across its 80s styled analog dash. I looked back at my baby one last time, smiling. She returned my thoughts of gratitude to Honda, with her assurance that all my bags had automatically locked.*

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's nice to read someone who truly loves his bike, no matter what it is. I feel the same about my NOS 2016 and I am sure there are Harley, BMW, etc guys all over the world who feel the same about their trusty steeds. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy life, whatever it may bring.

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice to read someone who truly loves his bike, no matter what it is. I feel the same about my NOS 2016 and I am sure there are Harley, BMW, etc guys all over the world who feel the same about their trusty steeds. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy life, whatever it may bring.
totally agree brother. we choose bikes to fit our needs and desires and thats all that matters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts