GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That my old Kaw Voyager II cover will fit my 06 Wing.
Is it safe to use it to cover the Wing for the winter?
What possible bad habits could the Wing pick up from the cover that was used on 3 Voyagers.
And yes it says KAWASAKI on the two sides and across the windshield.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
It wouldn't hurt my bike's feelings any. As long as it doesn't say PUCH.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As long as it can breathe and not trap in the moisture. When it's time to put mine to sleep I use an old sheet to keep off the dust. My cover is just lke new, since I don't use it that much.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
That is the sound they make when twisting the throttle.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hey, PoleCat...what happened to your avatar? I always read your one-liners with great entertainment, now your avatar is gone and I feel lost. :cry:

Please try to find it? :wink:

Mike

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
You're wing might develop an idenity complex duing the winter. Just go out and visit her every now and then just to reassure her that all is ok. Remind her it's just a cover and you're not contemplating replacing her or doing something bad like placing the Goldwing logo with a Voyager logo. :wink:

Bartman

·
Registered
19,324 Posts
If it is a heated garage it may do more harm than good.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Over the winter, two of the wings cylinders may fall off, and the injection unit may revert to carburetors, with the reverse going south.

Other than that, should work as good as a real cover...... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I guess it won't be to bad. I was afraid my remote start would quit working or something really bad would happen, like a bad case of the shakes like the Kawi had, much worse the the Honda wobble.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I wouldn't talk about putting a sheet on in the south....it stirs up some ugly images. :eek:4:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would cutting eye holes in the sheet properly ventilate it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts