GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Wingsoft from the UPS guy about 2 hours ago. Put it on and OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! :p

I got the Wingsoft large with the Utopia backrest. I can't believe what an immediate change this seat has made for me. I am up and back. My leg isn't pinched. I never would have thought tht a backrest would allow me to lean more in the twisties - but it does.

Next I'll get feedback from my wife on how she likes her mods.

Outstanding job John.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Do you notice any difference in your reach to the handlebars? Better or worse? Do you have floor boards with a heel/toe shifter?

I'm considering the same mod. :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I love mine too!!
I just had hip surgery for torn cartilage and also have 2 bad lumbar disks. I rode as usual in pain/discomfort to Wings Over The Smokies a couple months ago and came first to the Ultimate seats, very nice but !!!! (I really like the low passenger backrest model) I then came to the Wingsoft tent and after checking them out though it worthwhile to try for $175, man was I right!
I'm now looking forward to riding to MA and NH in a couple weeks from Ga. I also have the Utopia backrest and don't notice a diff. in reach but sure do notice the difference in comfort.

Steve

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
William Anzik said:
Do you notice any difference in your reach to the handlebars? Better or worse? Do you have floor boards with a heel/toe shifter?

I'm considering the same mod. :)
I might get a shet of risers for the bars - I'm just not sure yet. I have a ride to morrow and that will guide me.

No floorboard. I have Kury pgs and a toe shifter. I was used to the heel/toe shifter from other bikes but I got used to only the toe very quickly. I also have ergo II driving pegs to stretch my legs.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
I like the stocker but if I ever needed any mods to the seat Wingsoft is a class act and bargin to boot.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it doesn't effect the heated seats at all - except possibly make them more comforatble...

·
Registered
83 Posts
wing soft seats

i purchase my wing soft large at wots, best money i"ve spent we done a 2000 mile weekend ride oct 20-21, my backend never bother me at all, even thou i'm 6/2 i might still get the risers, its worth the money!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts