GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D For anyone who is interested; I just picked up my bike from Honda of Norfolk.The bike was sent to Ohio because the factory rep didn't like the weld that was done at the dealer.Honda America sent a truck to Norfolk to pick up my bike alone,and took it to Ohio.They then welded it and trucked it,again alone to Norfolk.All this was done in the space of about one week. Dave Hunter examined the weld and pronounced it done correctly.He then replaced myECM and mounted a new rear tire free of charge for my inconvenience.As far as I am concerned Honda America and Honda of Norfolk did all they could to remedy a bad situation.None of us are happy that this all had to be done,but I'm convinced all partys acted honorably.The Gold Wing is still a great bike and I have complete confidence the motorcycle is totaly reliable.I rode it home,and it felt great. just my humble opinion. Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the good report.
I had my ECM done in October and now have problems I never had before. Every time I take my bike in to the dealer it comes out in worse shape than when I brought it in. I am scared to death to have them do the frame weld.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
:yw1: Try another dealer

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
What prompted the inspection

The bike was sent to Ohio because the factory rep didn't like the weld that was done at the dealer.
Congrats on catching a bad weld job, but what prompted the inspection by the factory rep. :?: I thought that the dealer waved the magic wand after the weld and its done.

TexWalter

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mechanic asked for a volunteer to have weld done under the supervision of the factory rep,which is why he was there.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,571 Posts
Just had my bike re-welded

I just had the weld recall done on my 03. I'm a Tig welder myself with over 25 years on the job. The welds looks great and the dealer couldn't have treated me any better, even if I had bought the bike from them. :D My dealers is Planet Honda located on Rt202 just north of the Delaware/ PA state line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts