GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from my first ride with my new F4 Plus 4 windshield. What a difference!! Thanks to many on this board who gave me advice about noise and head buffeting. I couldn't be more pleased.

The install took about an hour. Most of that time was spent removing the glue from the strip that ran across the dash. The rest was quite easy.

The noise is down considerably and the head buffeting is gone completely. I used to ride at 55 mph and had the radio up to 20 in order to hear it. Now I can hear it very clearly at 13-14 !!

This was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. In fact, next to my Gerbings heated jacket liner, it may be the best purchase I have ever made. I can now ride this Wing anywhere at any speed.

H

·
0 Posts
thanks for the input, I'm still debating a windshield change, and am thinking of going this route.

W

·
0 Posts
Windshield

F4, Cee Baileys, Clearview, so many choices so little time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tulsa tall for me

I just got the Tulsa Tall that I ordered when I bought my '08 last week. I am 6'5" and slightly longer torso than legs. What a difference! It feels like I am in a big old Caddy convertible. :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
What is your height, and did you have a passenger, and if so how was the passenger buffering?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6'3" tall and I too have more height in the torso than the legs. I didn't have a passenger on at the time. However, as we all know, there is a certain amount of backwind when riding at speed. I didn't notice that the backwind was any greater with the F4plus4 over the standard windshield at its highest setting.

I'm not too worried about backwind when I ride with the wife because most of our riding is at 45-50 mph and backwind really isn't a problem.

This windshield is absolutely fantastic. Its nice to be able to listen to the radio without having to crank it way up.

Good luck with your choices, guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have pics but there are plenty of pics of the F4 plus 4 on websites of retailers who sell them. I bought mine from WingStuff because they had free shipping.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
My F4+2 is four years old, and one of two things I kept off the other bike when I sold it (other was the Russell seat).

It is the best overall windshield I have ever put on a bike - doesn't scratch, optically clear, good wind breaker, shed water like a duck.

Some others have strong points (Tulsa for wind protection, but sticks back in my face, some others because they are lots cheaper) but I like the F4 best overall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts