GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Khumo came off with 12,000 miles on it, still has life left in it, I just couldn't wait any longer to try changing the tire in the yard. Have had the "spare" rim with a new tire sitting in the garage for some time.
Put on a Dunlop Winter Sport.
Dreamed about doing this for awhile, was quicker than in my dreams. Taking off the cruising peg (and puting back on) took as long as changing the tire.
10 mins. max from up with one tire, to back up with a different tire.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That's great! Enjoy your new shoe!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
The Khumo came off with 12,000 miles on it, still has life left in it, I just couldn't wait any longer to try changing the tire in the yard. Have had the "spare" rim with a new tire sitting in the garage for some time.
Put on a Dunlop Winter Sport.
Dreamed about doing this for awhile, was quicker than in my dreams. Taking off the cruising peg (and puting back on) took as long as changing the tire.
10 mins. max from up with one tire, to back up with a different tire.
That's pretty quick!

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Easy peasy!!!

Michelin Alpin...
I want to know why everybody's garage is way cleaner than mine ?? Maids ?? Elves ?? Tell me I want one !

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Laying them on their side to change the rear tire is the best idea I have heard sense apple pie..LOL
Apple pie idea is way better :thumbup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Garage Pics.

I think everybody "photo-shops" all the mess out of their garage pictures.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Garage space

I changed the rear tire in the yard, because it would have taken to long to clear out enough space in the garage to lay the bike over. :nojoke:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm not sure who had the kajones to lay the bike over and figure this easy way to change the back tire out, but kudos to him/her!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I think everybody "photo-shops" all the mess out of their garage pictures.
That's a great relief ,because I thought about cleaning mine this weekend instead of riding. NOT :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts