GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rec'd a refurb. 2610. Powered up ok but after about 5 minutes it shut itself off or froze(2610 blue screen came on), did that for about half an hour then wouldn't power up at all. Fortunately the warranty is a full one and it's on its way to Garmin. Still a hassle though. Fortunately I still hav the old reliable SPIII to use.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats too bad. At least you can get it replaced. I have the 2610 that I use in my car and absolutely love it. I was on vacation in San Diego a few years ago and had the 2610 with me. I told it to take me to Las Vegas via shortest distance. It took me through the desert on dirt paths all of the way to Vegas. It was quite an adventure.

Greg

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Garmin will treat you right...they certainly did me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just a suggestion. I have had that same thing happen a couple of times on my 2610 and found that the cord was not pushed all the way on in the back. Make sure it is on as far as it will go.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that was my first thought too. Not so lucky though. I made sure the connection was good, even held a little pressure on it to make sure. Tried the car cord also. No go. Garmin will fix it. They have good customer service. It's just the hassle.

·
Registered
366 Posts
oldguy,
Powered up ok but after about 5 minutes it shut itself off or froze(2610 blue screen came on), did that for about half an hour then wouldn't power up at all.
Another possibility is a loose fuse in the tip of the cigarette lighter adapter plug...! Make sure the fuse is good and that the "nose ring" is tight. Since you can't always test a glass fuse by looking, try substituting a new (or "known-good") fuse.

Good luck...!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
bummer.

i bought a refurb 2610 2 yrs ago. It has frozen up 1 time.

It did act stoopid once and the voice prompts were coming and going. The plug was partially slipped out of position on the back of the 2610.

8)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your fuse point is well taken, however, I noted that I had used both power cords without luck. No fuse with the AC cord.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts