GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the folks I ride with just went nuts. It is thunding and lighting with rain here in Bakersfield, Ca. Tomorrow morning we are going on a adventure. We are ridding from Cal. through Ariz., NM and Texas. Back down through Roswell, NM and on to Nevada. Who scheduleds a ride in this kinda of weather ? I think we will hang him in Tombstone and be done with it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
LarryJohn said:
I guess the folks I ride with just went nuts. It is thunding and lighting with rain here in Bakersfield, Ca. Tomorrow morning we are going on a adventure. We are ridding from Cal. through Ariz., NM and Texas. Back down through Roswell, NM and on to Nevada. Who scheduleds a ride in this kinda of weather ? I think we will hang him in Tombstone and be done with it.
Yeah, but... if it's raining when you leave, you'll ride out of it. If it's not, you'll ride into it. Rule #11.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Hey...just ride... :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
LarryJohn said:
So what's wrong with a little weather? Isn't that part of the adventure? :roll:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I hate riding in the rain. :cus:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Riding in the rain is one of the GREATEST things in the world, It teaches you to be so happy when it stops :lol:

My problem in rain is when I come to it, I don't stop and put on the Frogg Toggs cause I don't think its raining that hard or will last that long LOL,,, boy have I gotten soaked at times :lol:

JMHO :oops:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nuts

:D , man one of the reasons I like this board is the good humored folks on here. Just tons of encouragement. Ha, Ha,. OK we WILL truly enjoy our adventure.

·
Registered
552 Posts
KA7W said:
Riding in the rain is one of the GREATEST things in the world, It teaches you to be so happy when it stops :lol:

My problem in rain is when I come to it, I don't stop and put on the Frogg Toggs cause I don't think its raining that hard or will last that long LOL,,, boy have I gotten soaked at times :lol:
Now that's funny... I've done the same thing. Actually there are many times when I want to get soaked to the bone, as I know after I get out of the rain I'll be hitting 100+ degree temps. 8)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I like riding in the rain .... :rain1: :biker: :rain1: :rain1: :sun1:

As long as it is warm outside, 85 to 95, and it isn't raining so hard that cars are slowing to 10 MPH on the highway, like it was one day that I convinced the Wife that we should take the Wing for a ride.

It was months ago, yet she still remembers it...
She did also find out that the back seat actually holds rain water, which didn't help the matter....

Wet or Dry .. Saturday Oct 21st we are heading out for Florida, via Vicksburg and Mobile... I can't wait.

through highjacking now .. Sorry..

Anyway, I like riding at night when its raining and lightening, now thats cool..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You will be okay as long as your umbrella isnt up while riding..it works like a lightning rod......also if you drag your foot..t grounds your bike and lightning won't strike................i think!!!!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
ataDude said:
Yeah, but... if it's raining when you leave, you'll ride out of it. If it's not, you'll ride into it. Rule #11.
Not necessarily. I left Austin for Dallas in the rain one morning, not know that I the storm was 350 miles long, stationary, and stretching north-south from Dallas to San Antonio.. The hypothermia finally got me at Waco... ;(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts