GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I think I have read all that I'm going to find about this bike. Considered the 18s, 19s or just sticking with the Harley.
Tired of the cheap H-D non-sense, lies, fragile aspects, old technology and just plain old under powered bikes, so that choice is out.
As far as the model years of the GL, I think I'll start out fresh with a new bike, complete with the new bike smell and avoid the demo models that smell like airline seats.
Called Jesse at Schroader's Honda Powersports in Hendersonville, NC and placed one on order. I checked a few other shops to compare prices. Some were over $1K more and one store, the sales rep was eating his lunch and would call me back. 3 hours later, sorry dude but Jesse will eat your lunch now.
Hopefully, within a few days I'll be riding the rust red and black GL DCT then trailering it back home here to Virginia.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Excellent choice of bike and dealer, sir. That's the best 2020 model for sure.
Please post some pictures at delivery time!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
and one store, the sales rep was eating his lunch and would call me back. 3 hours later, sorry dude
That guy must be so busy he wasn't interested. Seriously, IDK how these guys stay employed/in business letting money just walk away like that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congratulations!!
I experienced so much of that type of salesmanship when I was looking for mine, grrrr Most salesmen new nothing about the bike, kinda sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Cheers from a fellow Virginian. Congratulations on your new bike! Great choice! Wife and I demoed it at Wingding and we really liked it.

We stopped by Schroeder's a couple of years ago while riding the area and spoke with Jesse. Nice guy. We were talking mostly about Corbin seats, learned a lot more info...

Once you are done with the deal, post some photos and (if you don't mind) tell us what kind of deal you managed to get there for a 2020 DCT. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheels of process turn so slow.
I UPSd a down payment check to Jesse today. He expects the bike to arrive at his shop pretty soon. I'll drag the trailer down there, about 500 miles, do a test ride then trailer the bike back home to Virginia. I only have a leather jacket that says Harley across the back. Will I get harassed because of that or should I take along my Get Back Whip?

·
Registered
398 Posts
The wheels of process turn so slow.
I UPSd a down payment check to Jesse today. He expects the bike to arrive at his shop pretty soon. I'll drag the trailer down there, about 500 miles, do a test ride then trailer the bike back home to Virginia. I only have a leather jacket that says Harley across the back. Will I get harassed because of that or should I take along my Get Back Whip?
Just put a yellow high visibility vest over it, it's safer :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A friend of mine who still have a Harley, recently purchased a BMW 1600gtl. When he rides a new BMW he puts a hi-vis vest over his Harley Davidson jacket. Seriously.

·
Registered
812 Posts
A friend of mine who still have a Harley, recently purchased a BMW 1600gtl. When he rides a new BMW he puts a hi-vis vest over his Harley Davidson jacket. Seriously.

Does you're friend think he is going to get attacked by Harley riders or Goldwing riders? What is he afraid of?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Does you're friend think he is going to get attacked by Harley riders or Goldwing riders? What is he afraid of?
Hahaha....naaah, he thinks it's awkward to ride one kind of bike with the other bike manufacturer's gear.
And that was at the beginning, since then he purchased two riding jackets with no motorcycle brand name on them. Usable on any ride...

·
Registered
925 Posts
It's funny how some people view things. Some would view it as "he's finally wised up". LOL
And just think of the great advertising for the GW brand. Another Harley rider has made the switch.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, I wouldn't worry about it, unless of course someone wanted to follow me to my stop and complain about it, but then, that prolly wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as loyalty to one brand or another, it's only plastic and steel. The brands aren't loyal to the customers as long as they pays their money. True, ya never see a Honda tattoo on anybody but then ya think about it, is the tattoo about the quality of the bike or the image it portrays?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I only have a leather jacket that says Harley across the back. Will I get harassed because of that or should I take along my Get Back Whip?
I'm still wearing my HD jacket on my 2018 Wing. I like my jacket and its the only decent riding jacket I have, lol. I may not own a Harley anymore but I do still like them so I'm not ashamed to wear it on the Honda. Honestly its started a few fun conversations at dealers and gas stations, haven't hurt anyone's feelings yet!

That said, I do plan to buy a modern riding jacket either this year or next. Something rainproof and at least three season. It will be nice to be able to shop around all jacket brands for a change!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Heck ,I own a Harley Tee shirt............... BUT never in my life, would I ever even "think" of owning one...(Harley). I've test ridden many, and rented a few, when on vacation somewhere, in fact the last Harley I rented was in Alaska (wife & I toured Alaska) BUT would never purchase one.. (n):mad::ROFLMAO:

Ronnie

1 - 20 of 26 Posts