GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum which was suggested by my Goldwing owning nephew.

My Honda dealer just ordered the 2012 Blue Goldwing and the Motor Trike kit for me. They will have it together by the end of the month. I am 64, been riding since I was 23 and have had 12 motorcycles over that time. It's time for my wife an I to "graduate" to the Goldwing trike for our retirement touring. This one is the Audio/comfort version.

I have been looking on wingstuff.com and other places for options and I can't tell for sure if this vehicle comes with pegs or floorboards for rider and passenger. If it is pegs or crappy floorboards, I will be looking for a matching set of floorboards for both and may want matching highway boards as well.

Any suggestions?

PickyBiker

2012 Goldwing GL1800 Motor Trike
12 Previously owned motorcycles including:
1 Harley, 4 Honda's, 3 Kawasaki's, 4 Yamaha's
My Bike Map.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cheap pegs for you (but they suit my purpose for the moment) and boards for her. My wife has no complaints for her boards.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm sure the bike came with pegs. I don't know about the trike kit. I think you're in for a full Winter of changing this and changing that. GoldWings are finished by the owner to suit his or her taste. Before you go ordering extras ask any question as many on here have been down that road and can give some good opinions. And just so you'll know, that finished product never seems to end. If you're using 'PickyBiker' as an avatar then you have got a lot of shopping to do. Go ahead and start working on that, "But Honey, we REALLY need this...":lol: Welcome aboard.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
You will find help by posting on the Trike sub-forum
Your trike will retain the OEM rider pegs and the OEM passenger boards
Here's the MT web sight: http://www.motortrike.com/
Here's the adventure w/IRS: http://www.motortrike.com/mt3Adventure.aspx
Hope that's the one you ordered. Sorry to those that have the straight axle but, I find the IRS much better!
Here's the Aqua shields, a option you should consider: http://www.motortrike.com/docs/AQUASHIELDS.jpg
They do not appear to be weight bearing as my Hannigan is. I have removed my pegs and use the foot fairings now.
Also hope you considered and ordered a rake kit for the front.
You should also consider some type of fender protection from rock chips. Many are having LineX, color matched applied.
Now comes the looooooooooong wait:shock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My trike will have the 4.5 degree rake kit, the Motor Trike fender bras, the skinny mini LED's around the headlights, and the Revco passenger armrests for the wife.

I'm not crazy about the look of the aquashields but I'm sure they are nice in the rain or wet roads/puddles.

So far I want the following for the trike:
extended front fender to help keep road debris low
stainless steel belly pan to protect the engine and the plastic coolant bottle
very bright driving lights and fog lights to compensate for diminished night vision
driver floorboards & highway floorboards
Trunk rack and trunk rack bag

If anyone has any recommendations on any of this, please let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts