GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I was a diehard BMW R1200GS LC Adventure fanatic. Big Blue took my wife and I throughout NY and Vermont and out to Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. She was a great touring bike and did everything I asked of her without issue. On and off road. On a tour in August 2019, at the end of the event, I slipped and ruptured my patella tendon on my left leg. Not good. Three surgeries later and I am only at 50 degrees range of motion and am now told I need a full knee replacement :( (which I was told I was too young and active for when I first saw my surgeon).

I continue to push PT and am hopeful I will get back to where I want to be. But with a full knee in my future, I am over a year away from riding my BMW. So after 5 years of trouble free riding, I just sold her. It was hard to part. But she went to a good home and my wife and I are on to a new adventure. I just purchased this beauty:

It is currently at Tilting Motor Works getting their TRiO front end installed so when it is done it will look like this (just not in blue) :) -

With the DCT and highway pegs I can ride her and rest my left leg comfortably. With the TRiO front end, I can lean in the turns and never need to put my feet down when I stop.

I am excited to be part of the club!

More pics as she gets built!

A big thanks to Chase Henderson at Everett Power Sports and Bob Mighell at Tilting Motor Works!!

Any advice on the new bike is appreciated!

Thanks all,

David

Reactions: bobbsmith

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats on your smart purchase :) I look forward to reading about your experiences riding the bike with the Titling hardware installed. I am considering that as an option down the road for triking my 2w GW.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
That's a slick looking setup, congrats and welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

Reactions: drwerner

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike, finished. Ready for pickup. Rides great, handles great, leans farther than I do. Locks upright at a stop! 3 weeks to get it from WA to NY - I just might have some tome to ride it before winter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts