GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take my wife and mother-in law back to Maine to visit for a week, so while there I rented a Goldwing and went for a ride today. I rode in Maine, New Hampshire , and Massachusetts. so now I can add three more states to my map. I rented a 2015 GW from a place in Lewiston Maine. It only had 3,000 miles on it. First time for me to ride a newer GW.
Not bad but they don't shift any better than my 2007. If anything it was rougher. I have the heal-toe shifter on my bike so I had to get used to the toe shifting. I thought that the heal-toe made my bike shift rough but this one was every bit as rough.

Nice ride today, but I have come to really appreciate the wide open roads that we have in Utah. Back here in Maine the back roads are so slow because they go thru so many towns. The only way to make any time is on the turnpikes and then you can't see much. Oh well different kind of riding for sure.
Little too early to have much color from the leaves.
But I had a great day and it sure felt good to be on a bike instead of visiting with the rallies.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats. The west coast/left coast seem to have more open, spacious and wonderful scenery than the crowded east

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Glad you are having a nice time on the rental. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Can you recommend where you rented from? We are thinking of flying out and renting next summer.

TIA

David

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you recommend where you rented from? We are thinking of flying out and renting next summer.

TIA

David
I rented from Central Power sports, in Lewiston Maine. It was the closest place I couldn't find anything closer to where we were in Sanford that rented Goldwings. We flew into Portland. I can recommend this place. They were really good to work with.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks!!!

David

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Congrats. The west coast/left coast seem to have more open, spacious and wonderful scenery than the crowded east
Barrycuda67, really it depends where you ride. I have been on some lonely roads from Florida to Maine. You just have to leave the coastline--besides the mountains are more fun anyway.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Barrycuda67, really it depends where you ride. I have been on some lonely roads from Florida to Maine. You just have to leave the coastline--besides the mountains are more fun anyway.
I see your point yes. I thought WV was amazing however, one day I'd like to spend some quality time traveling the west coast...

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Sounds like fun Terry, be careful.
Terry sorry to hijack your thread but this is for Buster. Hope you're doing well Buster.
This is for you Terry. Who was that old guy that you took a picture of. >:) :joke: Sometimes I just can't resist being a smartarse. :wrong:
Glad you were able to get your knees in the breeze while you were there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doing well
Terry sorry to hijack your thread but this is for Buster. Hope you're doing well Buster.
This is for you Terry. Who was that old guy that you took a picture of. >:) :joke: Sometimes I just can't resist being a smartarse. :wrong:
Glad you were able to get your knees in the breeze while you were there.
[/QUOTE

That's ok Paul. It is good to hear from Buster. I have been wondering how he is doing myself. Glad you are doing well.
Well, the vacation is over. We fly out for home this morning. Be back in Utah tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts