GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done just Traxxion springs front & back
without doing shock? And how is the ride? Can not come up with the cost of the hole complete job right now. I did a search and could not find anybody doing just springs.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Traxxion does not have a rear spring only. Some have used Progressives. Have not read any wildly complementary reports. The biggest problem is that the springs alone do not improve the damping. The harshness of the ride comes primarily from the lack of high compression damping. That's why you can get jarred while riding a saggy suspension. Of course, major jarring comes when the suspension botttoms but I think most of it is lack of damping.

If I were you I would save my money on the rear spring only and wait until you can get a rear Traxxion shock.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: spring

orange winger2 said:
They do offer a rear spring only when ordering they need to know the riders weight.
I know they replace the springs when they rebuild the shock, but the Hyperpro springs are about an inch shorter than the OEM. Traxxion installs a spacer to make up this difference. I am not aware on a rear spring only, however, all it takes is an email to them to find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts