GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darn winter does that to me. Anyway, I was thinking bact to my first cycle. It was a black Bridgestone 90. Man I was cool (I thought) riding down the road in black jeans, white t- shirt and black boots wearing my jean jacket with collar up. I remember pulling into a service station (that's what we called them because they serviced your vehicle) when 2 couples pulled in on Honda 50's (you know the ones with the step through scooter looking things). I looked at them , walk over and said something like "What's wrong, couldn't afford a real bike? Too bad they don't make it in a man's model. As I walked away I had one last parting shot at them. You can bet that company won't be around long. Man how things change, huh? Yet somehow they stay the same. I remember many years ago hearing a HD rider talking about a friends Honda and telling him that it looks like he couldn't afford a real bike. BTW his parting shot was I bet they won't be around long. Funny isn't it, how history repeats it's self.

Oh btw this show's just how bored I am with winter. Sorry

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your letter reminds me of my first. 1968 65cc black Honda. My mom just knew I was going to kill myself. Its been a long time and a lot of bikes to get from there to a 08 wing. Thanks for the memories on a cold March day.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
George, I can't imagine you saying something unkind like that.

Personally, I have NEVER commented on how slow somebody's bike was.

I commented a LOT on how slow THEY were though. :evil:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man, that takes me back. A black Honda 50 (not the scooter style) was the first real morocycle that I rode when I got off the mini-bike. I thought that bike was the ultimate, until my next door neighbor pulled up on his brother's Bridgestone 90. Now that was a bike! If I laid down on the tank, I could almost hit 60 MPH on a slight downhill grade! Every time I hear about Bridgestone tires today, I can't help but think of that early memory maker.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler for my first real bike ( not counting homemade mini)
My friend had a B90.....I thought it was the cats behind......
time flys, don't it......

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I amazes me how many people have some sort of early association with the Bridgestone 90. For years I thought it was just me, but when the topic comes up, I have had many tell me about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts