GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultragard Touring Half cover is DaBomb!
Prevyowner threw one in when purchased Wing. Fits perfectly. Old one was getting really faded and elastic was stretched out.
I thought my baby deserves a new one. $36.00 on Amazon.
3697BF7B-EAC9-43D4-84C1-559A4A6B721F.jpeg
E23AF7A7-EC5A-4789-B323-825B1C653EFA.jpeg

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mine came with one also, except even better, its light gray so doesn't get so hot.
Actually it came with two. The UltraGuard and a Champion fitted cover. Matches the cover for the Champion trailer. So, I guess that makes two Wing covers, one trailer cover. And a seperate seat rain cover.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a gray one and it's great.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I’ve used one for past 6 or 7 years, mainly on the road. The older version has silver hooks and elastic straps to hook around the foot peg mounts. looks like the new ones have black hooks. i probably need to sew / reinforce the elastic on mine which has stretched a bit over time.

but you’re right, these are great half covers. 👍

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the older ultraguard half cover which fits like a glove. Wonder what the difference in materials is between that and the "essentials" line?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I bought one in light grey or silver for my 2013. Fit perfect. I kept it when I acquired my 2018 and it fits that perfect also. My buddy rides a Roadmaster and he had a difficult time finding a cover. We fit checked it on his Roadmaster and now he owns one too.

I think they are a great cover for the price and plan to buy another when needed.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I use mine when I'm touring, OR at a rally... I love the way it folds up nice and small, BUT at the same time it does indeed fit my bike excellent.....

Ronnie

Reactions: Wahoo

·
Registered
767 Posts
Glad I had two so we could cover both Wings last night as there was a pretty good well needed rain. The trailer cover is heavier material and soaked up the water and got a bit "saggy" looking.
IMG_20200630_070850807.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have 2 of them an old burgandy one that on wife truke it fits greaty and repels water good. I have a new one still fits good but the water soaks right threw it. need to spray it and hope it gets better.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm on my second one. First one lasted 6 years. Or just over $6 per year. Good value just for the purpose of not having a 200 degree seat to sit on when I get back to the bike after work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the fact that it protects plastic from sun fade and keeps people from looking at my goodies!
My favorite saying is “ Count your blessings and mind your business!”
Love yours. D

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Ive been using this half cover for the last 14 years and it does a good job of keeping the bike covered out of sight and keeping the rain off the bike while parked at night..only use it while on tours and never travel without it...as for the trailer cover..bought one and never use it...I use my trailer for a storage unit while on road trips while camping and having a cover on it to get in the way is a pain...while stored in my garage, I cover my trailer with a heavy moving blanket because it breathes better than a cover does and doesn't hold condensation....and the moving blanket is better padded to protect the trailer from any bumps that might happen. I wasted my money on a trailer cover.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just received my grey one from Wingstuff today! I tried it on and it seems to fit well. My wife has full cover for her Vulcan 900, but I never really used one for my bike. Since buying the Wing, I figured a nice half cover may be an improvement after all these years of drying off the seats, tank, windshield when on the road. What can I say, I am a slow learner...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts