GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say welcome to all the folks that have registered on this new board. I see some new names here and I hope you will jump on in and tell us something about yourself. If you want your picture under your handle just send it to [email protected] and tell me the handle and what board this is for and I'll get it loaded for you. Thanks :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
GWTA Site

Hi: This site is very similar to the GWTA site. Are they run by the same people? The format appears similar.
Sandman

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: GWTA Site

Sandman said:
Hi: This site is very similar to the GWTA site. Are they run by the same people? The format appears similar.
Sandman
I haven't been to their site but to answer your question, no it is not run by the same people. I setup and maintain the boards and it is sponsored by Honda Direct Line. :D There are a lot of folks using this format now. It is very user friendly and will handle a larger group of folks without pulling down the server. :s27: Hope to see more folks posting here now. So far it looks like a hit :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
new?member

we,SO and i truly enjoyed the club before the big change.read the messages a few times a week,and responded to a few.me-55,she-48.we're on our third wing.a candy orange 03.our first was an 83 interstate,then a 95 aspencade.we live in tucson and ride the wing about 20K a year.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

As a long time rider who has finally returned to the fold, I was thrilled to discover such an informative place to help me learn all about our new toy. Once I decided to return to riding, I went through the littany of choices of rides and settled on a 04 Candy Red Gold Wing. I'm totally pleased with the bike so far and am in the process of learning all the wonderful tweaks and additions. Of greatest interest are the thoughts, comments, and suggestions on how to make the bike more comfortable for those of us who are stacked a bit higher. At a touch over 6'2" and 210 lbs, I'm learning how to get my head out of the slipstream and into stable air. Obviously, or so I think, a taller windshield is the first order of business.

As a bit of introduction, the spouse and I are both 50 and look forward to many miles of pleasure.

Rick and Karen
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
04 Candy Red and lots of other toys!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Rikkitik said:

Of greatest interest are the thoughts, comments, and suggestions on how to make the bike more comfortable for those of us who are stacked a bit higher. At a touch over 6'2" and 210 lbs, I'm learning how to get my head out of the slipstream and into stable air. Obviously, or so I think, a taller windshield is the first order of business.
Welcome aboard. I'm with you on making the bike more comfortable. If you have not already, check out what I have done and then post the same question independently and you will get all sorts of response.

http://64.191.30.178/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

·
Registered
681 Posts
At a touch over 6'2" and 210 lbs, I'm learning how to get my head out of the slipstream and into stable air. Obviously, or so I think, a taller windshield is the first order of business.

I don't know about others, but the Tulsa windsheld, wind wings and mirrer deflectors really have halp my wife and I a great deal. The mirrer deflectors really help out on the mic wind noise from my co-rider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts