GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ts been a very long time since I last logged in. I've been a member since about 2001 as best I can remember when Hal started it up. I hadn't even looked at the board for several years. I used to be very active as you can see by the number of posts attributed to me.

I was wondering about all of the friends that I made along the way and many that I'd ridden with. Who are still around and healthy?

Me? Ya I still ride my 2004 GL1800 a little. Not nearly as much as I used to. I did though take a cross county 5 week, 9200 mile trip in 2017. But I only put on about 2000 miles since then. I sometimes think that I should sell it, but I know if I do that I'll never own another.

I'm still healthy and enjoying retirement.
Please give me a shout out If you are one of the many friends that I made.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Glad you’re back. I remember your handle although I haven’t met you.

Welcome back to the forum!

Donnie
DonnieOnTheRoad

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Hi Morph nice to have you back, how is the weather in Pittsburgh today ?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'ts been a very long time since I last logged in. I've been a member since about 2001 as best I can remember when Hal started it up. I hadn't even looked at the board for several years. I used to be very active as you can see by the number of posts attributed to me.

I was wondering about all of the friends that I made along the way and many that I'd ridden with. Who are still around and healthy?

Me? Ya I still ride my 2004 GL1800 a little. Not nearly as much as I used to. I did though take a cross county 5 week, 9200 mile trip in 2017. But I only put on about 2000 miles since then. I sometimes think that I should sell it, but I know if I do that I'll never own another.

I'm still healthy and enjoying retirement.
Please give me a shout out If you are one of the many friends that I made.
Morph, glad to see you're still around... It's been awhile!

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
We never met, BUT I always enjoyed your post(s)...When you spoke (I always listened)

Welcome back!

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Always good to hear from the "oldies but goodies". People drop off this board for various reasons and most of us have no clue that they are gone.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Glad you came back! We need more reasonable, old guys on here. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. BTW, still selling Mic-Mutes but will probably end it this year after I move some stocked up. The changes in the 2018 Goldwing makes Mic-Mutes obsolete.

Cycledude- The weather in Pittsburgh today is brutal. About 3 degrees this afternoon. Not the best weather to bring out the Wing.
Lyle- Your weather up there is probably worse that mine.
Rrixx- You old fart. Good to hear that your wife lets you use the keyboard once in a while. I always got a kick out of you and Polecat beating each other up. I have a photo somewhere of you and PC on opposite ends of a playground see-saw.

What every became of Polecat, Robeth, Roth, CJ, Dreamcatcher, Capt Carl, Margaritta Will, ATGuy, Hedo, Bulldog and Meesch...? Many good times at 3 (I think) Catscade events.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hey Morph, so good to hear from you. I remember the times we have been together, especially around Cats-Cade. Good times.
I've thought of you often over the past few years and have wondered how you are and if you are still riding.
I'm still riding my 04 and enjoying my travels. I now have about 140K on and hope to put on another 10K this year.
It would be great if you paths cross sometime.
Please stay in touch and keep us all posted on your activities.
I too am enjoying retirement and for the life of me and figure out how I used to have time to go to a job.

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Hi Bill, met you at Catscade and you provided excellent service when I had a problem with the mic-mutes, finding a replacement fuse if I remember right. They have now been on two bikes and still working great, a must have on windy days with a passenger.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Mi Morph. Glad to see all is well with you. My Mic-Mutes are still the best add-on I have on my Goldwing!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hi Morph. We've never met but mic-mutes was the first accessory I bought back in 2007 and it's still working perfectly today. Still use it frequently in windy conditions or when the wife gets a little too chatty:wink2:.

Not a whole lot of us ole timers left. Hedo is long gone, went to a convertible if I remember correctly (still loves Coronas though). ATCguy is retired and RVing full time he checks in every now and then. Robeth is still around and checks in once in a while. The rest of the people you mentioned are long gone.

Sometimes I miss the "good ole days".

Take care,
Dan

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Great to hear from you. Those early days here were amazing! Hal, Roadhard, Fred, YellowWolf, Bulldog, the list is long. Those that were not around then really missed something special. Like so many things before all the social media etc, it was a simpler time, a truly exiting time to be a Wing owner and part of this in the beginning.

I would not ever sell the Wing! First of all you would not get much $$ for it and secondly there will be a time after its gone that you will ache for a ride and you wont have it. I would hate to go out to my garage and see an empty space where my Wing once was.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, Old Fred. Does anyone know what happened to him. Last time I saw him was at my Wiki Ride about 8 years ago.

After Wheels was banned from the board, many followed to another board and lost interest here.

I'd been in touch with Wheels a few times, 4 or 5 years now since. He retired to Florida.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Morph, the Mic-Mutes the best item I put on my '05 Wing. It killed all that dang wind noise. Althought I don't have the '05 anymore my friend that bought it still uses the Mic-Mutes. Excellent product! I'm running a 2012 now and it doesn't seem to have the wind noise as the '05. Nice hearing from you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts