GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone who ordered my 2 disc update has had a chance to watch the Riding Travels segments at the end of the second disc, and what you thought of it.

In light of the recent cold weather spell, this might be a great time to sit back in the living room in an easy chair and go for a ride.

·
Vendor
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulldog said:
I still want to know why you didn't hit that Deer?

Dawg
Mostly luck. I saw him when I was already in the turn at full lean and couldn't do much but watch and see where he was going to go.

The camera has a slight wide angle lens on it, so he was actually a bit closer than it looks on film. Diane was on the back seat YELLING deer! deer! deer! I just calmly let off the throttle a bit and held my line and tried not to make any sudden changes. It became apparent to me that I was going to miss him once I got him in full sight, but it did raise few hairs on my neck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm only partially through watching your "entertainment only" research disks that I bought at Thanksgiving. Now it sounds like I will have to get the latest 2 disk update to see what I'm missing. Glad you were able to record this one as a miss.

So far, I'm 0 for a couple with the deer and a very close one where the wing of a wild turkey hit my 10 year old nephews shoulder. We probably don't want to ask the fox and the **** what they thought of our little encounters.

Thanks for the maintenance tips and tricks - keep them coming.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I've had a few close calls with "Bambi"
Last one I could hear the hoofs beating on the pavment when he was turning around trying to get away from me...pucker factor was real high on that one :shock:

Have the disks, but haven't made it to the last ones yet...

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I guess you aren't really serious about "dancing with the deer"
until you've tried "Deer billiards".
Guy in a local group was leading the pack, on a two lane road,
when a deer jumped out in front of a vehicle coming from the other direction.
The vehicle hit the deer and knocked it straight into the windshield of the lead Harley.
No major injuries but the bike was totaled.
"See that young buck sneakin' up outta the ditch there Irene?"
"Betcha a beer I can bank shot him right into them sickles comin' our way." :lol:
DC

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Last one I could hear the hoofs beating on the pavment when he was turning around trying to get away from me...pucker factor was real high on that one
Yeah, I know that sound, if I could have got my foot off the brake I could have kicked his ass.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Fred H. said:
If anyone who ordered my 2 disc update has had a chance to watch the Riding Travels segments at the end of the second disc, and what you thought of it.

In light of the recent cold weather spell, this might be a great time to sit back in the living room in an easy chair and go for a ride.
I ordered them and did watch the "Travel Films". Good job and I like the music also. It just seems to flow together.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
OK, FRED "What in H--L" was "That Device" that you've developed to "Tell the Deer to Miss". Just kidding, since I have'nt ordered it. CHIT HAPPENS!

·
Vendor
22,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tomfranken said:
Wi_Winger said:
Gee......just think what those bikes with loud pipes are missing.
I've found with the 'Wing, I can pull in the clutch and coast by deer on the side of the road and they stay calm. The last thing you want is to spook 'em!
The one in the video got spooked from the sound of my pegs scraping as I came around a corner in full tilt. I saw the deer jerk his head up at the instant my pegs touched down. Unfortunately the microphone connector had malfunctioned on that ride, so I didn't get the audio of the scraping or my wife yelling, but the video shows clearly what happened.

It is on disc two of my updates, titled "Riding Travels 1" and also has a low level fly by from an F15 just outside of Death Valley along with lots of other good footage from all over the US.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Delightful momentary escape. Well done Fred.

Gotta get it on the bigscreen now!

Bradford

1 - 14 of 14 Posts