GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it cost to have the GPS option added to my 06 wing? Didn't think I wanted it when I bought the bike but now I think I might.
I know that a Garmin would be less expensive with more features, but I want something built in and not hanging on the bars. Thats just me. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cockleburr said:
What does it cost to have the GPS option added to my 06 wing? Didn't think I wanted it when I bought the bike but now I think I might.
I know that a Garmin would be less expensive with more features, but I want something built in and not hanging on the bars. Thats just me. Thanks for any info.
Don't think you can get it as an aftermarket option. If you could my guess is it would be VERY EXPENSIVE, new dash, additional controls on right top shelter, unit and wiring to trunk, GPS antenna, plus all the labor. Probably cheaper to trade up to an 07, or 06 leftover.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Cockleburr said:
...I want something built in and not hanging on the bars. ...
I appreciate your desire. But after using an aftermarket GPS with considerably more features than the intergrated unit, I willingly put up with the wires. I do have mine mounted on the dash and prefer that location over the current Honda setup.

Just something to consider...

G

·
Cockleburr said:
I am not sure, but just by a quick look at the parts fish, You will spend somewhere between 3 and 6 Grand to buy the parts. Then you will have to find and pay someone to actually do the work. I bet the hours involved will cost you at least another grand. And finally, I doubt there will be a warrantee, as this is an add on feature that did not come factory on the bike.

Don't you think it would be easier, and cheaper, to either buy an aftermarket GPS, or, trade in for a factory bike with the GPS?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hey Howdy! Purposely did not purchase the Nav option,due to the cost....2,000.00 extra,and when it needed service,they would want my bike too,no,hellno.
Bought a Lowrance I-way 500c,after checking out others.It had a 10gig hard drive for mp3's and a great big screen for my poor vision,and when it needs service,I get to keep the bike!!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My fears are realized. It's trade bikes which looks cheaper that adding a factory unit if even possible. or using a Garmin on the handel bar or dash. Well I have all winter to decide. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts