GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, let me tell a little about me first. I am one to not really notice suspension issues. I ride around 10,000 mile a year on my 2007 ABS. My right fork seal started leaking about 8 months ago but I kept riding it, not really noticing any change (maybe it was in small amounts at a time and I just got used to it)

When I went over cracks in the road I was used to the front jiggling a little but I just did not try to correct and it did OK.

I finally decided to get the fork seals rebuilt. I took it to Traxxion Dynamics which is about 25 miles away. Several friends suggested I at least upgrade my springs. So I got the Fork Spring Kit along with the Fork and cartridge rebuild for about the same price and my local dealer was charging just for the rebuild.

I just got home a little while ago from getting and riding the bike. All I can say is WOW. Those cracks in the road, I do not even feel them at all. Bumps are almost unnoticeable.

Again I am not one to really notice the little things, but this is amazing and it was only a fork rebuild and a new set of springs!

Just thought I would pass it along. The Traxxion guys were great to work with and very accommodating.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Cool.....thinking of doing the spring or mono tube upgrade before I take mine home....maybe I will put a few miles on her first then I will be able to tell the difference too. Want to do the dragon on my way home . So maybe I will ride to their shop.....do the work there and continue on....we will see.

Jer

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have not been disappointed with my Full Monty. Going to Mega Monty this spring. Parts are waiting for me at the installer.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Yep! Max and company really do try to go out of their way to take care of you. Their techs are very knowledgeable and their shop is amazing. Even if you didn't upgrade your suspension, I would much rather take my bike to them for fork service (or do it myself) than take the bike to a dealer. They way Traxxion takes everything apart, cleans everything and takes great care putting it all back together is very impressive.

Glad you had a good experience. :thumbup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just curious on this topic as I'm considering having this done on my wing at some point. The Traxxion site lists this dealer/installer Lithium Motorsports, Inc./Midwest Honda which is closest to me. Has anyone here on the board used them for the install? What were your impressions?
Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
OK guys, let me tell a little about me first. I am one to not really notice suspension issues. I ride around 10,000 mile a year on my 2007 ABS. My right fork seal started leaking about 8 months ago but I kept riding it, not really noticing any change (maybe it was in small amounts at a time and I just got used to it)

When I went over cracks in the road I was used to the front jiggling a little but I just did not try to correct and it did OK.

I finally decided to get the fork seals rebuilt. I took it to Traxxion Dynamics which is about 25 miles away. Several friends suggested I at least upgrade my springs. So I got the Fork Spring Kit along with the Fork and cartridge rebuild for about the same price and my local dealer was charging just for the rebuild.

I just got home a little while ago from getting and riding the bike. All I can say is WOW. Those cracks in the road, I do not even feel them at all. Bumps are almost unnoticeable.

Again I am not one to really notice the little things, but this is amazing and it was only a fork rebuild and a new set of springs!

Just thought I would pass it along. The Traxxion guys were great to work with and very accommodating.
What shop was it? Thinking about upgrading mine too.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yep great guys there. I just had them rebuild my full Monte front end..
In about two weeks from today, I will be going there to have them install their Traxxion rear shock kit on mine too..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not been disappointed with my Full Monty. Going to Mega Monty this spring. Parts are waiting for me at the installer.
The More I read about Traxxion the more I can not wait for April 3rd to get mine installed.

Curious though... What is the MEGA Monty? I am having the front and rear with triple trees and bearings installed at the Georgia Factory.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
The More I read about Traxxion the more I can not wait for April 3rd to get mine installed.

Curious though... What is the MEGA Monty? I am having the front and rear with triple trees and bearings installed at the Georgia Factory.
Full Monty is without the Triple tree Mega Monty with the tree. Both also include rear shock and bearing replacement.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
What shop was it? Thinking about upgrading mine too.
The OP lives in Marietta, GA. He said he took it to their shop about 25 miles away.

Make the trip to Woodstock. Leave on a Wednesday, have the work done on Thursday and spend Friday and Saturday in the mountains. It'll be worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Put the Mega Monty on at Christmas and have only been able to ride about 30 miles. Just patiently waiting for the snow to melt. My wife just asked yesterday when they are going to quit making new stuff to buy for the wing. Have been very satisfied with Traxxion. Lyle

·
Registered
783 Posts
The OP lives in Marietta, GA. He said he took it to their shop about 25 miles away.

Make the trip to Woodstock. Leave on a Wednesday, have the work done on Thursday and spend Friday and Saturday in the mountains. It'll be worth the trip.
Cool thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That is my plan... Departing Thursday and heading straight for the Dragon!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Full Monty 2,700-3,000 depending on installer and add another 1,000 for the triple tree to complete the Mega Monty setup. Not cheap but I like to buy the best available. Of course that is my opinion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stevegriz

My cost was $525 for fork seal rebuild and new set of springs. They gave me back all my old parts which included bushings etc. My local dealer was going to charge approximately the same amount just for the seal replacement.

They asked a lot of questions about my riding style and weight and average weight of what I carried in the bike to calculate the type of springs to put in.

·
Registered
715 Posts
My cost was $525 for fork seal rebuild and new set of springs. They gave me back all my old parts which included bushings etc. My local dealer was going to charge approximately the same amount just for the seal replacement.

They asked a lot of questions about my riding style and weight and average weight of what I carried in the bike to calculate the type of springs to put in.
Just curious what did you tell them your riding style was. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe riding style is not the correct term. They asked how often I ride solo versus two up. My weight and the average weight of gear in the trunks when I am solo and when I am two up as well as the weight of my wife.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Full Monty 2,700-3,000 depending on installer and add another 1,000 for the triple tree to complete the Mega Monty setup. Not cheap but I like to buy the best available. Of course that is my opinion.
I think the trees are on sale for 499 on the Trax website. If you have the tree put on the same time as the all the rest it would probably be under $500. My $1000 was the tree at full cost and scheduled routine fork maintenance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts