GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Temp was 16 Deg F on the bike riding in to work. It's a new personal record for me. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
-14 here this morning

·
Registered
928 Posts
As I write this it is -13 in Beautiful Downtown Belleville, MI. Had a $300 gas and electric bill last month, afraid to have the meters read for this month. My baby is cold in the garage, but dreaming of Spring, and some good riding. Ride safe and stay warm.

Crabby Bob :wrong:

·
Registered
353 Posts
-16 Here , almost done doing the AllsBalls, fork rebuild and air filter change

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
My bike thermometer gave me two dashes:eek:4: The bank said 9 degrees. I normally don't ride to work because traffic isn't enjoyable.

But leaving from work at about 10am and heading for the Lunch Ride In in N.C. tomorrow. DDKing and I heading for Swansboro tonight then Clinton tomorrow.

THANK YOU GERBINGS!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
We're at -9, the bike is sitting in an unheated shed, and although I fully intend to clean the wheels before spring~~it ain't gonna happen today!!:p

·
Registered
602 Posts
We bottomed-out @ ZERO this morning....... first time we've been that cold in years. The wind, non-stop for the last week apparently froze in place, as it is completely calm outside. The forecasted temps are to return to a more-normal 20-40 range in the next few days.

My next-door-n'bor was a snowbird that wintered @ Frostproof, FL. I wonder how the oranges; strawberries; etc., made out during the nite ? Last I heard when I went to bed the temps there were expected to be in the low 20's.

I've resisted the temptation to start my bike & let it idle in the garage. If & when it returns to the 30's -or- 40's - my Gebings are coming outa the closet & I'm gonna go for a ride to recharge my bike - while I recharge my soul !

Dave / Farmington, MO.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It is 5 degrees here this morning. No riding today!

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
We bottomed-out @ ZERO this morning....... first time we've been that cold in years. The wind, non-stop for the last week apparently froze in place, as it is completely calm outside. The forecasted temps are to return to a more-normal 20-40 range in the next few days.

My next-door-n'bor was a snowbird that wintered @ Frostproof, FL. I wonder how the oranges; strawberries; etc., made out during the nite ? Last I heard when I went to bed the temps there were expected to be in the low 20's.

I've resisted the temptation to start my bike & let it idle in the garage. If & when it returns to the 30's -or- 40's - my Gebings are coming outa the closet & I'm gonna go for a ride to recharge my bike - while I recharge my soul !

Dave / Farmington, MO.
It was only 38 here in Orlando this morning, Frostproof is 60miles south of us so it doubt it got any less there. Tomorrow is going to be the same, and we have a lunch run in Jacksonville, going to be a cold ride.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Top this!! My friend who lives in Alaska, recently drove from Seattle back up to Wasilla. They stopped in Tok Jct., Ak where it had been 74 degrees below zero the day before!! Anyone up for a ride in Tok, Ak? Be a good test for your electrically heated gear, eh what?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
-18 here! :eek:4:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
-14.6 here.

Driveway & road covered with ice.

No riding today, or in the near future. <sigh>

Dave
GWBBA #9

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
-6 this morining.....

I ain't doing nothing today:x

·
Registered
651 Posts
23 here this morning. Yup, I just had to ride to work today. Chilly!!! :eek:4:

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Charlie left Knoxville this morning and it was 8°. He's heading down here to Forida for the lunch ride tomorrow. It's actually a little balmy here this morning. It's 44° on my back patio right now (they were predicting 27°) so not too bad.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Damn. Those are brutal numbers. You guyz don't have enough of them there degrees thingies. It was 46 here this morning...had to close the vents on my jacket. I guess I'll quit whining now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts