GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also "the GL1800 is its only credible rival" I don't think the wing is anything like it, they should be comparing to GTR1400 FJR1300 and even their own K1300GT.:lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get terrible buffeting on my wing at any speed above 70mph from my S.O thumping me in the back of the head. :lol:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Don't worry, after about 15 minutes your SO will jump off at the next stop light and demand her Wing back! This thing may be fast but it's no threat to the Wing. That rear seat is an insult to butts everywhere.

·
Registered
577 Posts
WOW! $10,000 more than a C-14 and the Connie is still quicker and faster than either the GT or GTL. I'm surprised!

·
Registered
73 Posts
no comparo

I just this year sold my 05 FJR ABS and 08 GTR ABS, and neither of these bikes could do over 1,000 miles per hour. In fact I do not think the BMW can either. Come on, the trunk would vibrate off the bike as you passed through the sound barrier.

·
Registered
664 Posts
"The K1600GTL does 1377.6mph."

Wow :eek:4:that is fast. :thumbup:

To me, it didn't look like it was going any thing over 600 in the "short" film that was posted! :coffee1:

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know on my wing, when I get to around 800 or so, it
gets kinda light... may have to get one of those trunk spoilers. :p

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
BFD...........I'll keep "old reliable" :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
After watching several times, the way it bogs down off of the line and all of the clutch slipping he had to do to just keep the RPMs up on wet pavement, if you fill the bags and trunk up like we do and put a clutch burner behind him it would do good to brake 75 in the quarter mile... :no: :no: :no:

No thanks, I'll stick with my wing...
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I dont know about the speed but that dude sure was gaily dressed for the occassion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts