GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 1971 Kawasaki 350 big horn in real good shape worth anything.

·
Registered
164 Posts
As that was Kawasaki's version of the Yamaha DT350 I would assume it should be worth something. It all really depends on your market. Here in Colorado a good DT1 (250, can't find anything on the 350's anymore) is still worth about a grand. Can you still get parts for them? That might make a difference on price.

There is a 73 on Flea-Bay right now asking $1499 but no bids. :roll: I think he is a little proud of it.

I would honestly thing you should be able to get somewhere between $900 to $1200 for it.

Best of Luck.

Marc

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You can go to www.vjmc.org and do some looking around. There are people there you can contact for more info. One of the Gentlemen mentioned on the homepage will be Jim Townsend. I know him personally and he seems to be up on it pretty good.

My experience with vintage Japanese bikes is this: How much it is worth depends on how bad someone wants what you got...

If you can find two guys who want the Big Horn 350 and the price just went up...

Ross

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
lomax said:
As that was Kawasaki's version of the Yamaha DT350 I would assume it should be worth something. It all really depends on your market. Here in Colorado a good DT1 (250, can't find anything on the 350's anymore) is still worth about a grand. Can you still get parts for them? That might make a difference on price.

There is a 73 on Flea-Bay right now asking $1499 but no bids. :roll: I think he is a little proud of it.

I would honestly thing you should be able to get somewhere between $900 to $1200 for it.

Best of Luck.

Marc
For whatever it is worth, (less than $.02), the Yamaha was a 360 not a 350.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Got a picture, Might be interested. The AMA Motorcycle Heritege Foundation will take it as a donation, and you can use it as a Tax Deduction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts