GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the scoop, do any of u guys own a kbc shorty with headset?? are they cooler? wind noise, comfortable? curious tks for any repiles....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Don't know about the J&M's but I just put in EdSets in my helmets and the sound is FANTASTIC!. Actually as good if not better than my factory speakers.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
springbike said:
Don't know about the J&M's but I just put in EdSets in my helmets and the sound is FANTASTIC!. Actually as good if not better than my factory speakers.
Excuse me, but I have to ask. Did you read the original question? While I'm sure he's happy to hear that you are pleased with your selection of headsets, I'm not quite sure you offered much in the way of a answer to his question. Let me give you a hand here so next time you'll be better prepared.

do any of u guys own a kbc shorty with headset?? are they cooler? wind noise, comfortable?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. See how easy that is. :lol:

·
Registered
457 Posts
whats the scoop, do any of u guys own a kbc shorty with headset?? are they cooler? wind noise, comfortable? curious tks for any repiles....
curious tks for any repiles....
Wow - What an unexpectedly rude response. While I did not address his direct question - Not knowing if he had made a purchase or not - and being able to provide some specific information as to a set that I find comfortable and beneficial - I was able to contribute... to his request for any replies.

Whatever headsets are chose I hope you enjoy them.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Sorry Todd, really didn't mean to be rude, but I suppose it did have tones of being a smart a$$.
It was just because you were responding with your choice of headsets while his question was really asking about a KBC shorty with headset.

Don't know about the J&M's but I just put in EdSets in my helmets and the sound is FANTASTIC!.
Again I'm sorry. Trying to be funny must not be one of my stronger suits.
Gary

G

·
Gary, how did you get the speakers to line up with your ears. I tried a HJC shorty with headsets in the zip on collar and the speakers were down on my below my ears and couldn't be moved up.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Spitzer said:
Gary, how did you get the speakers to line up with your ears. I tried a HJC shorty with headsets in the zip on collar and the speakers were down on my below my ears and couldn't be moved up.
Was never a problem believe it not. The top of your head must be too short. :lol: There I go again, trying to be cute.
Actually I only use it one trip then sold it. Just more ambient noise than I cared to deal with. But it was comfy just setting in the garage.

G

·
That's a possibility, maybe I can grow some hair and that will work, NOT. Anyway the speaker pockets on the HJC are just too low. I gave up and just don't use the intercom with the shorty helmets. That works too the wife can't yell at me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
bo's wing said:
I have one and like it quite a lot. Don't use the headsets much. Had and issue with the ear speakers being in the wrong place for good audio. It is too far away from the ear and not the right height. I removed them from the pocket and use velcro to hold it to the inside of the ear flap.

Sierra has a little panel to hold the speakers but I haven't got it yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
re shorty helmet

I use HJC shorty with IMC head set and all I can say is its the best sound I found on a head set yet. Its amasing with little wind noise and very inexpensive. I bought 3 pairs for my wife and I for various helmets but the shorty helmet set up is the best.
Go to www.imc-communication.com and check it out . I think it cost us about $110.00 Canadian per set.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kbc helments

so u do have a KBC shorty with a clampless headset? and your saying the speakers,do not adjust to a good ear placement,to far down ect. i've look on the J&M website, and sierra website, j&m are the clampless, sierra are the clamp ons, and they also offer the ear pods, i'm not really sure which way to go but tks anyway, maybe i will get some more comments.....tks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kbc shorty

thanks captian Rick.. i'm checking it out...

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: kbc helments

bo's wing said:
so u do have a KBC shorty with a clampless headset? and your saying the speakers,do not adjust to a good ear placement,to far down ect. i've look on the J&M website, and sierra website, j&m are the clampless, sierra are the clamp ons, and they also offer the ear pods, i'm not really sure which way to go but tks anyway, maybe i will get some more comments.....tks
The mike clamps to the helmet, the speakers came in a pocket in the ear flap. I took them out and velcro'd them outside the pocket, inside the ear flap. Works better but doesn't stay put very well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kbc

thanks, still checking and pondering...........

G

·
I have a set of the IMC headsets that you don't need to wear a helmet to work but they wrap around your ear and after a while they start to hurt the top of my ears and I have to take them off. Then again it could be my ears. Can't grow hair either. Your right about the quality, they are good. The pockets on the wind cover are just too low. I will have to check on the ear pods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts