GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b5a79a516c

Check out above video....My question is...with balls as big as this guy has how does he fit in his G suite???

BTW, my GW hasnt gone anywhere since Thanksgiving, it is cold here....I think I need heated grips.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Talk about a wing and a prayer

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
That happened many years ago and it still amazes me to think about it. I don't care what anyone says, those Isreli pilots are the best.

One sad note is the the venerable F-15 will soon be replaced by the F-22. I'm not sure how long it will take to completely retire the F-15, but the bell is ringing.

I've worked for the Air Force for 23 years now and there are only two aircraft pictures on my wall; the F-15 and the A-10. The A-10 was slated for retirement just before Desert Storm. It proved it's worth in the desert and has a solid future. I will cry the day they announce the F-15's retirement.

C

·
0 Posts
It really amazes me that our military is still under this dilusion that HI tech is always better. I mean the F22 is a great plane, but it like the F16 they are inherently instable in flight and HAVE to have fly-by-wire- functioning to stay in the air. An F22, with all of its high flying technology, would have splattered all over the ground if this had happened to one of them.

Sometimes low tech is better and the f15 proved it everyday it flew.
The kinda realized it with the B52, how long has that old war horse been flying LOL :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Rastoff... Its going to be a while yet, we keep selling them. Value for the dollar spent many countries still want the F 15 badly.

Of course as you know the Eagle in that film was a early version, there have been many upgrades since.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Think the Navy just retired their last F-15 squadron a couple of months ago. Sorry to see the old bird go - now what will Maverick have to fly?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
Think the Navy just retired their last F-15 squadron a couple of months ago. Sorry to see the old bird go - now what will Maverick have to fly?

Mesquite Bob
You are probably thinking of the F-14 Tomcat. The Navy doesn't fly the F-15, it can't land on carriers.

Further, anyone who thinks the F-15 is a "low tech" machine is fooling themselves. It's true that the F-22 far surpasses the F-15 technologically, but the F-15 is no slouch.

It's my understanding that the F-16, F-22 and the F-35 are designed unstable in order to give them a quicker turn. However, I'd be curious to see a study to discover if an F-22 could survive a missing wing. It's body, while more angular than the F-15, is still fairly wide and might offer the same help.

Because of cost, we will probably see the F-15 for a while yet. It's still a great fighter.

C

·
0 Posts
Rastoff said:
Further, anyone who thinks the F-15 is a "low tech" machine is fooling themselves. It's true that the F-22 far surpasses the F-15 technologically, but the F-15 is no slouch.
That what I thought I said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts