GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that AZ BLU is back to posting photo stories, I figured I'd show you my latest creation even though we always seem to ride with a bunch of Harleys. :roll: Some of you might have attended the big run at Tomahawk, WI where an estimated 30,000 visitors showed up. We've never seen so many bikes packed into any given town, but we've never been to Sturgis either. Enjoy! (Remember to put it to full screen; file is saved large on Real Player).
http://www.itchyhitch.com/sept%20wing%2 ... 090106.htm

Claudia
www.itchyhitch.com

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Once again Claudia very nice, very well done!!!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Great slide show and music selection. Quite a crowd, but the riding didn't look too crowded. Glad you had a good time for a great cause.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
twyn,
No the riding wasn't that crowded. That's because 99% of the bikes were Harleys and they were all at the bars. :beer2:
Claudia
www.itchyhitch.com

·
Registered
652 Posts
Funny how few of the Harley riders had on helmets. Guess it just doesn't make them look cool. Glad you did.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, we ALWAYS ride w/helmets, but then we're from a helmet state (OR) so feel naked without them! Eighty percent of the riders here in WI do not wear helmets.

You'll get a laugh out of this: hubby & I rode last Sunday in 40 & 50 degree temps and hardly saw any other bikers; in fact, only one. Usually the roads around here are just packed w/bikers. I told him I figured that's because all the Harley riders have already put away their bikes since it's now too cold to ride in their dorags, shorts and T-shirts or even shirtless! God, what are they thinking??? Guess they must figure they'll never go down.
Claudia
www.itchyhitch.com

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have two sets of friends that ride Harleys. One couple was in Florida for bike week and had a crash. They were riding to Key West and some idiot cage driver decided to cut across the median form the righthand lane as they were starting to pass. He actually hit them twice and never new it. The first time he hit them they almost recovered but he tagged them again and they went down. The ironic part is they had ridden for several hours with helmets, gloves and jackets. They had stopped 3 miles before the crash to get gas and he decided to take them off. He got a lot of road rash and some bad cuts to the head, she got a broke leg and road rash. Very luck to live to tell about it.
The other couple were in Myrtle Beach at bike week when they rolled up to a stop sign he locked his front when and dumped it. She got some pretty bad scarring on the arm from the road rash at a almost zero speed wreck.

Both couples said they had never heard of the mesh jackets and didn't believe me when I said they were usually cooler than riding bare armed.

To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
747 Posts
nice job. :yes1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts