GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
M38A1 & Tricepilot BBQ 4U - JULY 9th, 2011

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55587

Might be a wee bit warm.

I'm not sure if I can get that Friday off though.
I might be able....I'm starting vacation on the 13th so it could work. Besides if the BBQ at the venue doesn't work it is a short ride to Luling or Lockhard and maybe, just maybe on over for some gumbo.

BTW, the ride over and back this last weekend was no problem....heat, didn't notice. Did use a lot H2O between fuel stops though.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I dropped the Wing off at D&D on Saturday. I won't get it back until at least the 8th so I'm out. Sorry to be a party-pooper.
:-(

Shame...could have been fun. What are they doing to your scoot.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kill switch kills the bike if you just tap it. I even had the bike stutter a few times as if the kill switch was being thrown. So rather than take my chances that it would just stay intermittent and then get caught out in the middle of nowhere with a bike that wouldn't start... I left it with them.

Change out just the switch?

No such luck.

The entire cluster assembly has to be replaced. :evil:

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Coloring in my states ridden map...

...over the past week and a half...

Daym, this state is big.

Got to see a big chunk of it yesterday.

Get to see a big chunk of it today...and tomorrow, too. :shock:

More details later in the week.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
...over the past week and a half...

Daym, this state is big.

Yep sure enough is.....For some the most dreaded sign in LD riding is the 877 mile one at Orange but that is the short way across, from Brownsville to Texline is 910 miles. Either way is damn near a SS1000 with no turns. Flying Spaghetti Monster, I love Texas.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Crossed the panhandle area west to east...

On the way back, went through Louisiana's north west corner, then wandered my way off the Interstate toward the Metroplex area. Next morning, took in the tour of Cowboy Stadium (daym that place is HUGE!), before wandering through hill country toward San Angelo; relented to freeways at Ft Stockton on home.

Now, I get to really study the GPX files that I collected on all but one segment...the rain was just too intense, so the ride from Kentucky to Huntsville I don't have all of it recorded.

I think it was about 4500 miles...but we did it in two weeks.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Crossed the panhandle area west to east...

On the way back, went through Louisiana's north west corner, then wandered my way off the Interstate toward the Metroplex area. Next morning, took in the tour of Cowboy Stadium (daym that place is HUGE!), before wandering through hill country toward San Angelo; relented to freeways at Ft Stockton on home.

Now, I get to really study the GPX files that I collected on all but one segment...the rain was just too intense, so the ride from Kentucky to Huntsville I don't have all of it recorded.

I think it was about 4500 miles...but we did it in two weeks.
Welcome back to AZ. Hope you found a good BBQ joint or two. I love the ride from Fort Stockton to Tucson, 'corse the ride east from Fort Stockton ain't too bad either.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Welcome back to AZ. Hope you found a good BBQ joint or two. I love the ride from Fort Stockton to Tucson, 'corse the ride east from Fort Stockton ain't too bad either.
When I get the GPX files sorted out, I'll plot my wandering from Arlington to San Angelo...now, that was fun. Now, I wanna know, just how did they come up with all those FM & RM roads?? :D

~4600 miles, ten additional states added to the sig map, and, now I can see why riding Texas is a good time.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I get the GPX files sorted out, I'll plot my wandering from Arlington to San Angelo...now, that was fun. Now, I wanna know, just how did they come up with all those FM & RM roads?? :D

~4600 miles, ten additional states added to the sig map, and, now I can see why riding Texas is a good time.
FM = Farm to Market

RM = Ranch to Market

The only thing they missed was OM... Oil to Market. ;)

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Nonono...I got the meaning of the roads - I just wanna how how they were developed?

I mean, there's so many of them, and most were were on were in as good of condition as federal roads in the area.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nonono...I got the meaning of the roads - I just wanna how how they were developed?
:?::?::?:

Not sure I understand the question, but there were ranches and farms out at the end of long cart / wagon paths, and eventually they became roads, and eventually those became paved roads.

The more rural ones don't get a LOT of traffic so therefore they don't get as beat up and can be smooth riding.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Damn, I should have waited a week, but then, ain't no way I could have finished a BBG after that :).

No one knows how to have fun (eat and drink) like a bunch of Texans, maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Oldest rider there today... almost 70. Been riding for 53 years, and yes, that is what he's riding.

As you can see from the photos, Two Wheeled Texans is a VERY diverse group of riders and bikes.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts