GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kenda K671 Cruiser Motorcycle Tire Rear for Goldwing front
Anyone have experience? Cheap tire, just wanting to know if anyone has experience.
...gene

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kenda K671 Cruiser Motorcycle Tire Rear for Goldwing front
Anyone have experience? Cheap tire, just wanting to know if anyone has experience.
...gene
just reread your post and I see you want to put it on front, still applies though

Keep in mind this is just MY personal experience,,, But I would never ever ever buy a Kenda tire
I just bought a new to me 97 SE that had NEW tires front and back and new brakes
I put a couple K on it then the wife and I rode to Chattanooga for a few days and back, right about another 800 miles

the next day on my way home from work the tire began to delam and split open on me, luckily it didn't blow out

I am very carefull to watch my tire pressures so that was not an issue

even if that had not happened I would still never buy one because they are the noisiest and roughest riding tires I have ever seen in my life, I felt like I was driving a 4 wheel drive truck with mudders on it

the front Kenda would roar or scream in a straight line and then the rear would crank up in even the slightest of leans and you could feel it running on it's skipes

I'm sure there might be those out there that like them but for me it's a NO NO NO

I went double dark side and will never look back

just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am running one on the front of my trike. I don't have any complaints so far but it is still too early to tell. I only have around 3,000 miles on it so far but I was only getting 10 to 12,000 miles out of the BT45 and this tire looks to get me more mileage at this point. I don't have as much wear at this point as the BT45's did at 3,000. As far as noise, it is not any different than the Battleax and I am going to run it as close to 42psi as possible so that I can get a good comparison on it to the BT45 since that is what pressure that I ran in the last 2 BT45's.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I am running one on the front of my trike. I don't have any complaints so far but it is still too early to tell. I only have around 3,000 miles on it so far but I was only getting 10 to 12,000 miles out of the BT45 and this tire looks to get me more mileage at this point. I don't have as much wear at this point as the BT45's did at 3,000. As far as noise, it is not any different than the Battleax and I am going to run it as close to 42psi as possible so that I can get a good comparison on it to the BT45 since that is what pressure that I ran in the last 2 BT45's.
You may not get the same issues that aj1500 described since you are on a trike (no lean). Keep us posted as to your experiences.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenda

Thanks for the replies.
My thinking is the Kenda looks akin to the ME880, and on my Harley I got 23K out of them. I will get probably 15k out of the stone 709 so I am looking for a lot more (20K+). Other suggestions are welcome. Yes, I thought about just doing the ME880 - but what fun is that!

Now for cost, with my stone (stock) at ~$140 even if I get only 15K out of a Kenda rear at $90 I save money. But again, if you have traction or safety issues...

The BT45 is about as costly as the Stone 709. But I hear everything from 6K to 25K - I am not sure what to believe. And there are those that say spend it - stone 709 is the way to go. But I am willing to experiment and further the darkside cause :doorag:
...gene

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes Elrod, I agree that the issues will be different and the demands of a front tire are definately different. I know that mileage reports are useless but a tire's carcass and construction will surely be put to the test on a trike.

when I have worn out this tire or when it has fell apart, I will give my thoughts on it. Good or bad:thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

Yes Elrod, I agree that the issues will be different and the demands of a front tire are definately different. I know that mileage reports are useless but a tire's carcass and construction will surely be put to the test on a trike.

when I have worn out this tire or when it has fell apart, I will give my thoughts on it. Good or bad:thumbup:
Any update? How the Kenda working for you?
...gene

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
342 Posts
You just have to make the time, Gene.:thumbup: It seems that our hottest months is when I do most of my riding, I must be brain damaged:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts