GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kennedy harness is due on Wednesday and we leave Thursday for the gathering.
How easy is it going to be to hookup the harness?
I ordered a RAM mount also.
I hope it installs easily so I can play with it on the way down south.

mike

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mike,

I am doing my install today. I also purchased the European harness as I want to run my 2610 hot, not switched.

I have the luxury of an Electrical connections Ground Block and Power block as well. I read the instructions last night and it looks to be a straight forward install.

Bulldog

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulldog, I have the EC power and ground block as well. They are not "hot" are they? I thought they were relay operated. I have not yet connected anything too them so I am unsure.

mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bulldog,

What mount are you using for your 2610. I'm still looking for the best mount to be used on the dash. Prefer to have it in front view as opposed to having it mount on the handlebar (ram mount) and have to follow it as I'm turning or looking down. Also, tell us how your install went!

Crewsn

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
E/C power relay can be active with ignition key, and the aux blue? wire for a battery charging connection will need to be tapped into the relay wire under the seat. Just enough room to apply the tapping connector, white wire with a stripe if I remember. Took me awhile to figure out. Using a RAM set up with their mounting bracket. Have not rode more then a couple miles with it. Some vibrations on bumpy roads, but nothing to effect the usage.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Stapler,

It is my understanding that on the E/C power block, the one lug that is set up for the battery tender is "HOT" all the others are "NOT". Makes sense to me. I haven't installed yet, but that is my intention, to go to the battery tender lug.

Crewsn,

Right now, I am going to borrow Dr. Robs VP dash mount temporarily. JON is going to be coming to my house for a couple of weeks starting May 29th, He is setting up a nice mount for me, in which I can use the Lockable mount for my GPS, and I will be using a ram mount for my Sky Fi radio. I have always had the GPS on my left HB. I want to have it in front of me for a change, and see how it goes.

I think that JON has devised lots of great things for the 1800. He is a dealer for many of the items we buy everyday. He passes his savings and knowledge on to us at no extra cost. Well maybe I will have to feed him for a couple of weeks, provide him with a loaner bike for those two weeks and whatever else he needs. How bad can it be?.....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Bulldog!

I don't think what you're planning on doing will work, though...

If I remember right, the battery tender connection is only hot when the key is off (power is switched by the relay between the tender pigtail and the accessory block).

I think you'll need to come directly off the battery with a new fused lead and power up the GPS that way.

As far as the mounts go, I may be driving across the mountains to our metal shop this week, just so I can get them to move my stuff up on their priority list. I hope to have a couple of different versions of the mount for you to look at very soon - possibly shipping out by the end of the week (if all goes well).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts