GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the Kennedy company, sort of.
I wanted to get their handheld CB and the equipment to connect it to the '04 1800. They sell the handheld and some wiring, but no brackets, no ideas on how to mount the CB, and maybe the FRS should fit into the left front pocket. The salesperson I was talking to was relaying questions and answers between someone (an engineer?) and me, and when I asked to just speak to the engineer directly was informed that he was 'trying to get out of there.' Talk about customer pre-sales service! I was impressed.

Anyway, does anyone have this setup and maybe could describe how to do this? I would like to have CB and FRS both (for now) and don't want to give Honda the huge money they want for a $40 Honda-branded unit.

Disgusted and not in Seattle. :cool:

·
Registered
567 Posts
that was me she was talking to. an emergency came up and i had to scoot. did you leave your name and number so i could call you back?hope so. if not, call me tomorrow after 9 am central and i'll get you all squared away

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Well...how's that for service? Don't you just love it when the vendors follow the board? :yes:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jon Jambor from Kennedy is a solid vendor that takes care of his customers, old and new. I read this thread earlier and did not want to comment til Jon had a chance.

Jon, as always, you guys do good work!

Now where is my complete 2610 harness, Audio & Power? LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can think of several ways that I as a new customer could have been retained and snagged:
1) let me speak to another engineer,
2) let me speak to a service tech,
3) been informed that the marketing person that answered my call didn't have the answers but would get them and get back to me,
4) and etc.
Maybe it was just bad timing, but I came away with the impression that my money made no difference to their company at all. Hope future contacts are more fortunate.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep, I agree. Unfortunately...
1. is me
2. I'm that guy, too
3. good point, I'll fire my wife tomorrow! hah!
4. no comment

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
A1,

Jon from Kennedy is a top notch guy, and runs a top notch Enterprise. I think you hit it on the head, that the wizard of "bad timing" showed it's ugly head.

Do the right thing, give Jon a call tomorrow and give him a chance to show you what Kennedy is all about.

Life is too short and getting shorter.

Bulldog

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Dawg,

You obviously didn't see my other post letting everyone know that Kennedy has changed their products a bit and they also now have a power & audio cable for the 2610!

You can check out all the info on their website, but I talked to them yesterday and she swore that the new cable has both audio & power wiring and the Garmin connector (P/N: 95211 $50 MSRP)

I just got one of the brand new "modular" MPGSets yesterday and it's pretty nice!

·
Registered
307 Posts
AI_Nut, I can assure you that Kennedy is a first class vendor. I called Jon a few weeks ago and was able to get a custom cable for my 2610 made up and adapted to one of their Single set products and I had it in my hands in just a few days. I am very impressed with their service and support and I am sure you will be too. :wink:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedWing03, I got the PM, and sent one in return. I can't seem to figure out how to find the photos you mentioned.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
AI_Nut said:
I can think of several ways that I as a new customer could have been retained and snagged:
1) let me speak to another engineer,
2) let me speak to a service tech,
3) been informed that the marketing person that answered my call didn't have the answers but would get them and get back to me,
4) and etc.
Maybe it was just bad timing, but I came away with the impression that my money made no difference to their company at all. Hope future contacts are more fortunate.
AI Nut: Boy, you are pretty tough. You posted your complaint and Jon answered very quickly to explain, but you still come back with this. Not bad suggestions, but when he answered so quickly to explain it might be nice to lighten-up a little and give him a chance.

I have found Jon and Kennedy to do good, helpful work for us Wingers!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um, I didn't intend to sound cross in the last post. My suggestions pertain to much larger companies. I had no idea that this is a Mom and Pop operation -- which doesn't make it any less viable. In fact, I'd much rather do business with smaller companies. I've been too long in the corporate world, I guess. A completely different set of etiquette is required for small companies and I was working on the wrong set. My mistake.

If I misled anyone I apologize.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Who ever i spoke to did me good to. The fixes work great. easy install too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts