GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started about a month ago. When I hook my 2610 to the Kennedy hookup on my trike the gps got where it would go from being able to see it to where it was so dim you couldn't see it. It would change back and forth while you were riding. Today it won't come on at all, or it is so dim you can't see it. I hooked the gps to the auxliary ??? plug using the cord that came with the gps and everything works fine. Anyone had this problem?
Thanks

G

·
Rick, I had a similar problem, but it was when I had my 2610 in my truck. The screen would go from bright to dim and then back. It worked fine in my car, on the bike and in the house. What I did was clean the contacts on the power cable and the back of the GPS. So far it seems to be working fine.

Tom

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I did was clean the contacts on the power cable and the back of the GPS.
It didn't work for me. I replaced the fuse and checked all the plugs but that didn't help. It doesn't come on at all now. There is a little black box in the wiring that may be my problem. I will give Kennedy a call tommorrow.

G

·
It sounds like calling Kennedy is the thing to do. My unit always came on it just acted up every once and awhile.

Tom

·
Registered
567 Posts
i think i've seen this before. it was the electric eye used for screen brightness. it was covered by the guy's mounting bracket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts