GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to the Gold Wing world and would like to seek out some information on various Kennedy installation issues. My bike is an '06 w/audio/comfort/nav/abs. I would like to add a Valentine V-1 and a XM Roady XT. I've determined what Kennedy components I'll be needing. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what is the best/easiest installation for the following Kennedy components: SingleAUXADSet and the various wire(s) for connecting the V-1/XM. I realize that Kennedy will supply instructions, what I'm really trying to figure out is what components of the Gold Wing need to be removed, etc.? If this question/issue has been previously asked please direct me to the appropriate post.

Mucho thanks in advance for any and all help!! :?: :)

·
Banned
350 Posts
I performed a similar install on my 06 Navi. I installed KTG for a Passport and a SkiFi. I put everything under (infront of) the left pocket. It is easy to remove (remove trim strip, remove for little plastic connectors by pushing on the center). BE DARN CAREFUL with the little plastic gizmo's as they like to jump around and are suprisingly difficult to find - once dropped.

KTG makes the audio power harness that connects directly to the aux audio plug for sat-radio and it also makes the right gear to connect directly to the intercom path for the radar. Plus everything gets powered by the aux-power plug under the left pocket. I routed the wires unde rthe cover on the handle bars. Other have commented this is not advisable as it is too tight. I did not have any difficulty.

One possible down-sdie of the SingleAuxADset is you have to be listening to the AUX source to hear the alert device (Radar detector). I chose a SIngleSet for the Radar so I can hear it in the intercom path.

Bring lots of zip-ties.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response John. I'll be placing my order on Friday and will update the board on my installation project. Thanks again! :D

·
Banned
350 Posts
I would strongly recommend calling Kennedy for the order as opposed to the Web. the staff can make sure you get all the power harnesses and whatnot you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts