GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered all of my system components from Jon and the good folks at Kennedy yesterday to interface my Yaesu VX-7R to the bike. I do not have, nor do I ever plan to have the CB, but I want to use the OEM PTT and I want to put the radio in the trunk close to the antenna. I will likely use the HT for a while and then mount a FT-1500M I have in the closet once I can build an interface cable for it. It will be a more permanent installation.

My question is this. Are all of the connections I will need under the seat and the left battery cover. They have a good picture on the website of where to mount the PTT interface, but I am a little unsure as to where to mount the FRSet4 itself.

Also, any info on interfacing the FT-1500M would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have my FRSet under the seat and pulled the necessary wiring from the front of the bike back to it. On my 1500 I had everything in the fairing under the left pocket. Doesn't really matter - whatever is easiest for you.

Carl

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Yes, the connections you need are under the seat. The FRSet will connect to the passenger headset connector, the PTT I/F will connect to the passenger PTT plug and you can find power at the ACC terminals on the fuse block.

You might find that these terminals are electrically noisy when connected to an audio device like your radio. Maybe it's filtered enough that this won't be an issue for your unit, but it's something to keep in the back of your mind. Personally, I like the battery-switched power source provided by the E/C power distribution block.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
kg5ie said:
I ordered all of my system components from Jon and the good folks at Kennedy yesterday to interface my Yaesu VX-7R to the bike. I do not have, nor do I ever plan to have the CB, but I want to use the OEM PTT and I want to put the radio in the trunk close to the antenna. I will likely use the HT for a while and then mount a FT-1500M I have in the closet once I can build an interface cable for it. It will be a more permanent installation.

My question is this. Are all of the connections I will need under the seat and the left battery cover. They have a good picture on the website of where to mount the PTT interface, but I am a little unsure as to where to mount the FRSet4 itself.

Also, any info on interfacing the FT-1500M would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill
Once all is done and said, post some pictures of your install so the rest of us Hams on GWs can follow your lead... AA6MZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts