GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wif gave me both for Christmas this year. Just wondering how much work is involved in the install. I think the top shelter has to come off, but not sure from there. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Kennedy Single

Do not have to remove the top shelter on the instrument panel. Unit comes with very good instructions and is not hard to install.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Starwing. I haven't had a chance to really read the intructions yet. I'm planning on diving into it this weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it is like mine (06 comfort ) and you got all cables it should only take a couple of hours to install the kit.
You will have to pull the left pocket and all the plugs are there for the intercom and power for the cell set.

:cop2:

Ken

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That definately sounds better than pulling the top shelter. I guess I should hook up the accessory plug while I'm in there. Thanks

·
Registered
741 Posts
You didn't say what model you have, but I just installed mine today on my '04. Just took a few minutes once I figured out what the separate components were.

I didn't think the instructions were all that clear, but I'm not the brightest bulb around either.

If you have a 12 volt accessory plug installed, you must unplug that and plug the power supply cord in there, then plug the accessory plug back into that. If you don't have one, the power plug is just under the air vent in that boot. I think it is red.

Then you have to separate the intercom wire plug that is just under and to the right of the pocket hole. I think it is red also. Plug in the intercom adapter and then replug the connector you unpluged back into that.

All the rest of the remaining connectors will plug into each other and they will only fit the correct ones.

The hardest part for me was running the connector for the GPS under the plastic baffle along side the rubber hose and up the handle bar. Be careful to leave just enough slack to give enough reach for bar turning but not too much to catch on something. It will fit under the plastic cover under the left handle bar and be hidden well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts