GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Kennedy Dualset from a forum member, setup to use with a Zumo 550. I use a 665 and needed a different harness so I emailed Jon explaining all the part#s I have and asking what I needed to purchase to get my zumo to work with an I phone.

I found Jon's response to emails and shipping to be quick and would highly recommend him to others interested in his products.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Out of business no, just part time. He only replies to emails, no phone calls.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recently bought a Kennedy Dualset from a forum member, setup to use with a Zumo 550. I use a 665 and needed a different harness so I emailed Jon explaining all the part#s I have and asking what I needed to purchase to get my zumo to work with an I phone.

I found Jon's response to emails and shipping to be quick and would highly recommend him to others interested in his products.
THe question I have is - does it work? I have been trying unsuccessfully to connect my Garmin Zumo 660 to the wing. I can get it very close but it is never right. There always seems to be noise, or static, or if I eliminate the noise the Microphone don't work. So if it is not too much, can I get some details? I would love to get mine working right. at this point I am ready to buy a new HD. larryb

·
Registered
928 Posts
The answer simply is yes it works. I have a Zumo 660 with an iPhone and went to Jon's website (sorry I don't have it to hand, someone will know it) followed his instructions and sent in an order. I gave him enough information to let him know what I had, he got back to me and said that one part he doesn't make anymore and suggested what would work. Saved me a ton of money and when I installed it all worked great. Good people to deal with in my opinion. Take care.

Crabby Bob

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THe question I have is - does it work? I have been trying unsuccessfully to connect my Garmin Zumo 660 to the wing. I can get it very close but it is never right. There always seems to be noise, or static, or if I eliminate the noise the Microphone don't work. So if it is not too much, can I get some details? I would love to get mine working right. at this point I am ready to buy a new HD. larryb
Yes works great. Have you tried taking the zumo off the bike and making a call away from the bike? Just to make sure the phone and GPS have a good connection.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The answer simply is yes it works. I have a Zumo 660 with an iPhone and went to Jon's website (sorry I don't have it to hand, someone will know it) followed his instructions and sent in an order. I gave him enough information to let him know what I had, he got back to me and said that one part he doesn't make anymore and suggested what would work. Saved me a ton of money and when I installed it all worked great. Good people to deal with in my opinion. Take care.

Crabby Bob
This is Jon's site where you can get info on how to contact him, etc. I got parts from him back in '12 to have the radar detector come thru the intercom.

www.cellset.com

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
You have a PM Ohiowinger

·
Registered
330 Posts
OhioWinger

Sir, May I pick your brain on how you have your communications set up? Do you have your phone paired to the GPS and if so can you make and receive phone calls? Larryb

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sir, May I pick your brain on how you have your communications set up? Do you have your phone paired to the GPS and if so can you make and receive phone calls? Larryb
Yes paired with the Zumo and able to make and receive calls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts