GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Now that is GOOD news!!!!! The race will be on Speed TV today at 3:30 eastern time.

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks a lot...... NOT

Hey, thanks for blowing my enjoyment of the race by having the race results IN YOUR MESSAGE HEADER! :twisted:

How about next time... "MotoGP spoiler!" warning as others do on various BBS?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Here's a quarter

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Go Kentucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Being a longtime Nicky Hayden fan, I knew that this day would come!!

When that traitor Rossi left Honda for the almighty $$$, I was so hoping The Kid would get a seat on the GP bike. Sorry Edwards did not get it, but none the less, thrilled Nicky did!

It was a very emotional win for Nicky and his family, hell my eyes even watered a little. His parents groomed both, him and his brothers to be the best they can be and Nicky has made everyone proud!!

The pic below says it all!! It's my new wallpaper!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congratulations Nick!!!!

I watched him win his first pro AMA race on TV 10 years ago and I've been a huge fan ever since.

Way to go dude, way to go!

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
That fellow can ride... no doubt... i watched a program a while back..
it was so interesting... his crew cheif stated that these riders are taking curves well over 100 MPH and these talented riders put their front wheel
within a couple of inches each and every time on their projected path.. to set up for a turn.... their riding ability is amazing....

cosmic

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
After Nicky's crash caused by his teammate last week I was glad to see he pulled it off this week if only by 5 points!

Great series this year :!: Looking forward to next year now :!: :!:

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
if u want to see a really good movie about motorcycle racing "FASTER" is the one to see

G

·
0 Posts
CBFer said:
Being a longtime Nicky Hayden fan, I knew that this day would come!!

When that traitor Rossi left Honda for the almighty $$$, I was so hoping The Kid would get a seat on the GP bike. Sorry Edwards did not get it, but none the less, thrilled Nicky did!

It was a very emotional win for Nicky and his family, hell my eyes even watered a little. His parents groomed both, him and his brothers to be the best they can be and Nicky has made everyone proud!!

The pic below says it all!! It's my new wallpaper!

You should darn happy that Rossi became a "traitor", because he would have kept on winning forevever on the Honda.
I think Rossi became bored a wanted a new challenge.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't mean to insult you because I saw above that you're a Rossi fan, but to me Rossi is one of today's athletes that is driven by the almighty $$$.

I guess in a way you can't blame him, get what you can get in today's society and sports arena. Just bothers me alot because I played competitive sports, (hardball), up until age 36 and I saw alot of guys who played for the name on the back of their jersey, rather than the name on the front of their jersey. Sorry, but that's how I perceive Rossi.

Don't get me wrong Rossi will be, (and sounds like already is), considered one of the greats. As far as I'm concerned if he wanted a challenge, he could hook up with Team Schwin and still beat half the field.

I don't feel next season will be a good platform to see if Nicky really has what it takes to put Rossi in his place. This BS with changing the bikes again is just another way of the GP trying to take back the edge that Honda has once again established. But who knows, if The Kid really is that good...........just have to wait 'til March.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts