GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we only need to access the key panel in the event of a dead or lost fob but it is difficult to remove with fingertips and a tool will scratch the plastic fairly easy. I drilled a hole and added a small rubber bumper as shown. By pulling down on the rubber bumper the panel pops right off.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I filed down on the clips just a little to make it easier to be removed with my fingers.
Another option would be to use one of those "grocery club cards" to get underneath it to pop it out.
So what you did makes for a third option to choose from for getting that cover off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they do make some nice products although the tab plate they make isn’t ideal IMHO because it takes quite a bit more upward force to remove the cover than downward force.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I know we only need to access the key panel in the event of a dead or lost fob but it is difficult to remove with fingertips and a tool will scratch the plastic fairly easy. I drilled a hole and added a small rubber bumper as shown. By pulling down on the rubber bumper the panel pops right off.
View attachment 366745 View attachment 366746
Try this from Traxxon Dynamics and let us know how it works for you:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try this from Traxxon Dynamics and let us know how it works for you:

I’ll make my own temporary plate with one hole and try it. As I stated in this post earlier the cover comes off easier with downward pressure than upward pressure. I also like the looks of a “knob” better but to each their own. I just shared this as an alternative way to remove the cover without tools.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I might put this one on mine :)
pic1.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts